Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#21,523 ·
If I remember right, the regular Zetec has this small pulley, SVT does not.
Can your mechanic understand SVT is different? Or he is just feeding you crap to evade responsibility.

#21,524 ·
yeah, no offense, but, well as you have learned, the svt is very picky and very tricky.

i have a family mechanic who i was going to take mine to to do the Timing Belt...
when i asked him about it, he said "i haven't messed with a VCT, but it can't be that hard"

right then and there, i told him, "thanks, but i think i'll do it myself"

i wouldn't trust anybody who wasn't familiar with the vct...

ya live and ya learn...

and chris, yeah, the svt uses the larger pulley

#21,525 ·
i would still make him fix it and get it running properly...

then, maybe you can find a good buyer.. someone who knows that its not a regular focus.. like really KNOWS....

what do you think you would want for it? i can ask around.

#21,529 ·
Sorry to hear DJ. Maybe you can get them to fix it. I would think there would be some liability on their part. At least then you could sell it as a running car and get a decent amount for it. If not maybe you can part some of it out and then sell the rest to a scrap place. But you may not have the time for a part out either. If you did I would buy the sideskirts off of you. They are pretty easy to remove.

#21,530 ·
It's far enough. I don't know they might. But it's a 2.3l Mazda 3 Hatchback.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3815586238.html
I really like it. So that sucks. I mean, if I had it checked by some mechanic and the mechanic approved, they would probably take the time to go see it.

That's a nice looking car. If you were able to look at it and it was in great shape then that seems like a good price. Maybe you can convince your parents to check it out.

#21,532 ·
Grr BeatMeToTheSideSkirts...
ReleaseThe Vultures
I had just been looking at a pic of Allen's car from HN and then popped into this thread. Figured if he parted anything out it could be the sideskirts since any salvage place is not gonna pay attention to those so he would still get the same price for the car from them with or without the skirts. This way if he sells them to me he can make a quick $200 on top of what a salvage place would give him.

If he's lucky the shop will fix it so he can sell it as a running car cuz then he will get some real money for it.. I know he can't really afford to throw any more money at it since he said he is already in the hole $1k and the car is messed up again. Salvage yard won't give him much for a non running car :(

#21,534 ·
#21,536 ·
I'll read through those when I'm home from work. I can no longer afford the Mazda since I can't sell the SVT as a running car. I will probably be parting it out unless we can convince the shop to fix it. But the diagram that he showed me was for an SVT. Or so was the title anyways. It's way on the bottom by the crank. So if you can take a picture f that..

#21,537 ·
The mechanic should fix the bent valves this time. He knew that it is a interference engine and that is had been previously worked on. There for he should have pushed it into his garage/shop instead of trying to move it. Especially if it was missing pulleys and such. I feel bad that the mechanic is using your inexperience against you and will probably convince your parent as well and since your parent can't do a little research themselves or trust that you've done the proper research to know that you now know what you are talking about with your SVT. This is a all around bad situation for you and I'm sorry your having to go through this. If you take anything out of this use it as a great learning experience. Good luck with everything, hope your parents go look at that Mazda3 as it looks pretty good in the picks.

#21,538 ·
According, to the diagram that Chris sent me, all those pictures, and everybody on here, the pulley doesn't exist. At all. I'm infuriated. I'm gonna try to find the diagram he was showing me, or I'll draw it and post it on here. I think I'm legit getting lied to. And of course when I tried to see it on my car, it was already put back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.