Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Texas "Sightings"

297K views 1K replies 136 participants last post by  kurt5153 
#1 ·
Haven't seen a thread here on sightings in TX, so I figured I'd start one. My most recent was this afternoon in Austin @ Burnet rd X Anderson ln a yellow ZX3 with black-as-night tint and a roughly 2 ft long drag wing. Whoever You are, nice ride![race]

#3 ·
Yeah, seems like I see alot of foci around Austin, but they're all being driven by hippies who are afraid ot increase their "carbon footprint" or just boring people who just wanna commute and nothing else. One bonus though: the current Austin g2g spot is like 1.5 miles away and last time or two was jumpin'. Ah well, I'll keep My ear to the tracks for awhile... btw got new pics of My ram air today, take a look, and tell Me if it looks right.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/jmiller_1974_album/

#4 ·
The last few shots of the breather (Blue Tube) coming out of the side of the AI after the cone is correct. Were did you fit it before that? Where did you get the Intake? Interesting looking ... looks like one of those from Auto Zone. But hey if it works it works.

Yeah myself and one of the foci drivers were thinking about taking a trip up to Austin for one of those meets ... but we are working on our cars first.

#5 ·
believe it or not it's a Bomz racing sr intake kit, got it from a friend for like $45. In the first few shots i had it going straight to the OEM hard plastic breather tube, but in the last couple, I did a few minor mods and attached the breather to the elbow just above the throttle bodt and capped off the "correct" hole, as there was already a hole where it is now attached.....

the hose is really soft LDPE so I'm htinking of getting a higher density hose that won't readily kink, as it was with the original setup. I think this was part of some universal CAI... All I know is now I have good compression, and decent pickup, considering. It now drives with the a/c on as well as it did pre-mod with the a/c off. Do You know of a way to grt around that damn hp leach and still use My a/c? I like the power but it gets too hot to drive all day w/o some cold air now and then.

Also Y'all are more than welcome to come up and hang out w/ Us an Austin. Justkeep an eye out for posts from SVTeric, He seems to be the one organizing these 2g2s here. The way I see it the more the merrier, it's mostly SVTs but more models show up every time!

Working feverishly to Make My FoFo get up and GoGo![wrenchin] [wrenchin] [wrenchin] [rant] [race]

#10 ·
I couldn't say, most foci, as a rule are mom cars, and are driven as such... not much of a movement Here, sadly. We are trying to organize a weekly or bi-weekly g2g on either sat or sun nights, but nothing solid yet...
Oh, btw, I finished My sr intake...

#29 ·
lowzx3=rest in pieces.... Jeremy's foci was totaled by a lady in a lexus... he actually moved to Midland... he's on here everynow and then.
that black roush was not mine though... i think you texted me at 730 that morning asking if it was....

#19 ·
San Antonio:
well, i've seen a slightly modded CD Silver SVT with a center dual exhaust at the UIW parking lot in

a 03 Sonic Blue SVT with 18"s or 19" gloss yellow wheels with a plolished lip around Hildebrand

and once, i saw an 05+ sedan with some major body work/kit. it looked like it was white with black on the rear (not done w/ body work im guessing?) i wish i could have got a closer look... i saw it on the corner of my eye while i was driving on fredericksburg Rd

i think thats about it! lol

if you see me, flash your lights, honk, or wave at me! [^]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.