Houston/Galveston - Domestic Meet/Cruise - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 142
What I Drive: 1998 Chevy Cavalier

FF Reputation: 1 Htown2200 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Houston/Galveston - Domestic Meet/Cruise

Hey homies! I am planning a domestic sport compact meet to be held in Galveston very soon, most likely March. You are all invited. I am pasting the original post I made on another domestic board that I visit (I own a Chevy Cavalier btw) ...

I was talking to a couple of people here in town and thought it would be a cool idea if we had a Galveston meet. Would any of you be interested? During my JBO days we tried planning a few Galveston meets but they never really materialized. But I think with the help of a few locals to help plan/reserve locations we can make something like this happen.

There aren't many Cavalier enthusiasts around Houston anymore, so I thought we could team up with other domestic car owners. There are Grand AM owners eager for a big meet. The Chevy Cobalt clubs are growing and doing pretty well. We could just all get together and have one big beach meet. It wont have to be too serious, just a little meet and a cruise and maybe a bbq on the beach or even just all hang out at a restaurant.

I'm going to look into finding some good locations to pick from and then discuss this with a few friends from other boards and see what develops. Post opinions! Comments! Ideas! Dates?

FF Member #142!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

I forgot to add... I will post bulletins and updates on my Myspace page, so add me. You can also leave comments or suggestions if you have any.

http://www.myspace.com/houstoncavalier
FF Member #142!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Alright, here is an update. I posted this on one of my other boards and just copied/pasted to here...

"How does March sound for you guys? The weather should be nice and springy by then. If March is okay with you guys then we just need to pick an exact date. I think this would be a decent advance notice for this meet. So far there are about 12-15 people committed to attending, mostly Cobalts. I have been in touch with another Cavy club besides this one, the Grand AM owners club, the Cobalt SS Forum guys, a few Ford Focus guys, a few individuals on Myspace, and a few individuals from an online club named "Team Top Fuel" I dont know much about them just yet. I need help getting in touch with any Pontiac Vibe, Chevy HHR, Dodge Neon, Saturns etc. and any other domestic sport compact groups anybody can think of. I made up this rough draft outline of how this meet could unfold....

10AM - Arrive at the meeting spot in Galveston, meet and greet between all the Domestic clubs, chance for everyone to hang out, take pics and vids, and wait for late arrivers.

12 or 12:30 - Roll out towards the west end of Galveston and begin a long cruise down the entire seawall towards the east side of the seawall. (Suggestions for different routes are welcome)

1PM to 4PM - Meet for Lunch at a restaurant with plenty of parking. We can make reservations so we will all have a place to sit.

5PM and later - This time slot is not clear yet. We can use this time to meet somewhere with a nice scenery to take some sweet group pics, maybe somewhere by the Strand or we can run over to Cherry Hill and race em lol, j/k.

Late Afternoon - Crews can split up and do their own thing. There are a ton of things to do in the afternoon/night in Galveston.

This meet could turn up to be a massive event/cruise, and a lot of fun, if I can get all of you to participate. Remember to add me to your Myspace."
FF Member #142!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35354
What I Drive: 2002 Blck ZX3-2007 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Detonator Good Standing Member
I might move to the houston/galveston area by March so I'll let you know.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 20518
What I Drive: which one? hahaha

FF Reputation: 8 Trey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I am in, make a post on Houston-imports.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35354
What I Drive: 2002 Blck ZX3-2007 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Detonator Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I am in, make a post on Houston-imports.

u all only have houston imports?? not a domestic site or something??
Old 01-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Hey Trey, I really didn't want to make a post on Houston-Imports right now. Every single meet in Houston is an Import meet. Let's focus on planning a strictly domestic meet right now. I love all types of cars but the point of this meet is to do something for the domestics for a change.
FF Member #142!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39531
What I Drive: 2002 ATX Twilight Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 Deaner Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I mgiht go if I dont work.

you know my brother ECOFire
Old 01-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 37,688, Level 100
Points: 37,688, Level: 100 Points: 37,688, Level: 100 Points: 37,688, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I havent commented on this site in a long time...but the idea sounds pretty good. I moved here from Dallas and ran into some meets up there when I was there, Still wondering if Houston has a meet around town as well as galveston. I am in the process of altering my car. Same with me on Work, it would depend if I am off or not. But If there are any night time meets around town, I would be there
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3102
What I Drive: 05 VW GLI--03 SUPERCREW

FF Reputation: 1 frostbit_v6 Good Standing Member
count me in......but isnt spring break in march....too packed maybe?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.