Focus Fanatics Forum banner

why focus?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  elsolo 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Im in process of selling my current car and I'm looking into a hatchback. I am thinking about GTI and focus titanium.

Why do you guys choose focus when GTI offers, with my poor speculation, more hp and better handling? I'm not here to start a war, I just simply want to know your opinion on focus.

Thank you guys

#10 ·
wrong, out of the box with no mods there are very few FWD hatches that will out handle a GTi. their suspension from the factory is leaps and bounds ahead of anything ford has ever produced, outside of the EuroSpec cars.

but, i agree. you're spending more for what. its all what you want in the car.

ROFL Demented.

Up to you, Ive driven both, The GTI was definately more fun IMHO, but the new Focus definately has the tech and comfort. Its up to what you want. Id also wait on the ST, that should help make your choice much easier.
yea, weigh the pros and cons and then buy a WRX because they're awesome ;)

hahahahahaha, but honestly write what you like and dislike about both cars down, then compare and decide. first tell me you've driven both. some people like the drivers experience, then get the GTi. some people love the comfort, tech, MPG, and community the focus provides, then get the focus.

as far as douchy. welcome to FF.[ffrocks]

#5 ·
ROFL Demented.

Up to you, Ive driven both, The GTI was definately more fun IMHO, but the new Focus definately has the tech and comfort. Its up to what you want. Id also wait on the ST, that should help make your choice much easier.

#7 ·
I havent meet a gti owner that is respectful. Either a show off burning out with there car or flashing there cash. Maybe its just the little white kids idk. But i would go for a gti the focus sucks it doesnt handle non of them have turbos lame

#15 ·
okay I know this is really random and you don't care for my opinion. But why not wait it out?? I mean the focus st is gonna be awsome you might get the fiesta st also and then there is the hyundai veloster turbo then there is the all mighty scion fr-s or toyota 86 (even though you want a hatch). Honestly I'd wait soon you will have waayyyyy more choices. But that is just me and I hate german. Also I think the Scion is just amazing you get a car practicaly built for the track for 24k msrp and if you wait till next year to when 2014 models come out you can get one for 22k. That is what I will be doing atleast lol.

#16 ·
oh thx rockstar

my budget is really limited. it will be however much i can sell my 2006 bmw 550i for. Right now it's looking at around 23-24k. I dont think i'll ever go for a scion or korean and focus has really great mileage. But ya i'm still looking around

#17 ·
Oh okay I see well good luck with your choice. Honestly lots of cars fall into your budget because everything is so competitively priced. look around do lots of research. But from what I have read the new focus is one of the best handling cars in its class so you really can't go wrong. Plus FF is one of the best most supportive forums you will ever be on lol. Have a question? Just ask. the guys on the forum with more experience will be more than happy to answer =].

#20 ·
I would definitely stay away from VW, you will literally spend more in repairs than the car was worth when you bought it brand new....VW has one of the worse reliability ratings on the car market today for the past 3 or four years according to consumer reports, aside from that, my father owned a Porsche...aka VW, that car over a period one year, drove him so madd that he went from a Porsche to Toyota Camry...Not joking true story LOL But then again, if you like to waste money, to each to his own, Ford is coming up on quality, definitely worth a look into the ST if you want something as like the GTI, but if someone asked me to buy a VW or sleep with the fattest most horride chick he could find, I'd sleep with chick...

#21 ·
GTI is nice, if they were $5000 used like the foci are, I would have looked at those for purchase as well.

Great handling, good economy, whats not to like?

They don't have the best reliability ratings, but neither does the focus
No assembled-in-mexico cars make the top of that list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.