Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FSC West 2012: Planning

7K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  APMRDAL 
#1 ·
It's about that time to start planning for the 2012 Ford Sport Compact Car Show.

This year, I am asking for some volunteers from all of the groups for the show, as I found out last year, that doing it solo is more than I want to take on again. I'm looking at inviting some new vendors along with the great vendors we had last year, and I think I got a lock for the Monster Energy Drink Girls too :).

Who's in?

Date: July/Aug.... TBD

#41 ·
The Mazda Group did their annual g2g at Irwindale and it was always REALLY expensive, and always a letdown. There were no food vendors (expensive), and the heat really ruined it for everyone. As much as I would love to do it at a track some where, it's beyond my resources. Also, you have to consider how much insurance is for an official event at a track. If someone gets hurt or in an accident during the event, FSC West/Me could be held liable. I don't know what they would get out of me if they sued... but you know..

It's pretty chill at the Harbor. Plus, you get tourists and locals there that stop in and check out the cars. Their are a number of choices of restaurants to choose from including one that was on Kitchen Nightmares, the beach to play in, the harbor to go paddle around on, and a great ocean breeze. For those that some from far away that stay overnight, there are hotels in the area that are inexpensive that are right in the heart of the Night life in Ventura, and the best thing is that by having here, the costs are low enough that the show is free!

#45 ·
Categorys
For the foci. Best hatch/sedan/wagon
Stance achieved
Daily driven
engine bay
Power
Interior
Euro hotness
Track prepared
Just a couple categories to think about

#48 ·
I MIGHT extend an invitation to FSWERKS... I will go down to FSWERKS Personally and hand deliver the invitation (If I decide to). If they snub their nose at me again, then... there are plenty of other vendors.

The show categories are still under discussion with our main Sponsor and it really depends on what the Mazda Group (being the second largest group) decides to do.

They have their annual meet called "MAZFEST" that has been declining attendance due to poor planning, so I'm pitching the idea of having MAZFEST as part of FSC West. Part of the pitch to FSWERKS would be to have [Requires Approval] as part of FSC West as well, same goes for the Probetalk.com guys and the Fiesta Group. Basically, have all of the groups have their annual meet as part of FSC West. Each group would be responsible for having their own vendors as well as having their own award categories that they can present within their groups. FSC would have overall awards and some giveaways that would be appropriate for any recipient regardless of vehicle.

If every group jumps on board, this could really work well and keep my personal costs down, take a load off my shoulders, as well as give each group their own part of the show.

I will update when I decide. It's all logistics at this point.

#49 ·
I MIGHT extend an invitation to FSWERKS... I will go down to FSWERKS Personally and hand deliver the invitation (If I decide to). If they snub their nose at me again, then... there are plenty of other vendors.
I do remember after the show how you let those that remained know your feelings about them. [;)]

The idea you have for the other groups does sound logical and would be beneficial for everyone, especially you. If it works out it could end up being a pretty good show.

#51 ·
I was at FSC last year haha =] I am down to go again this time I will come with my focus But yea I am also down to help with anything if it is during summer. And I think the mazda guys should be welcomed too lol I have a good friend who will want to come and he drives a mazda3.

#54 ·
I think the location is great, obviously the classes need a little more division or fair competition, but beyond that maybe a couple more sponsors(energy drink companies might have an interest or at least donate swag) and I think we'd be set.

I like the idea of having a fairly diverse show as long as its divided haha although it was set up nicely last year.

Oh and August works for me, but I think the last two Sundays may be VW shows that take precedence. So Saturdays work better for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.