Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

California Foci Rush Meet!!!!

28K views 334 replies 44 participants last post by  .:Fender:. 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the offical NorCal - SoCal meet thread. Please do start other threads to discuss ideas for this meet. I want to keep it all under one thread.

If anyone has suggestions or ideas please feel free to share. If each region wants to start a caravan thread thats a good idea.

Where: Mariposa group site in El Chorro Regional Park for

When:June 27, 3pm. [whip]

Roll Call:
1. hardSVT
2. dullishpage
3. volcomstone1966
4. Focus in the CP (1)
5. dirtbrown
6. stilix
7. norcalfocus01 (2 1/2)
8. myfafp3
9. ZXTHREE
10. Rick2.3
11. PumpkinSvt
12. eyeforaneye87
13. loweredfourpointsix
14. FGFTW
15. philsredsvt (2)
16. milfdoer
17. Tyler T
18. Sledneck800r
19. Blkdargon (2)
20. FocusTuner911RS (2)
21. slydarkwolf
22. Conelite
23. Ecoh72
24. Lyrrad3
25. polishlanman
26. sombraplayer
27. APMRDAL
28. Nitetimeboler
29. stivo
30. MisterJohnson (2)
31. Nickgt40
32. Fociboy (3)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some hot Cali Foci![thumb]

See less See more
#132 ·
all "us" nor cal guys that are on here the most
need to split the norcal list up and just pm all the ones
that are not on the CA meet list!!

#139 ·
I'm so tempted to go now, because i want to see a new fiesta and looks like so many foci are coming as well.
I had plans for independence day weekend, that included days from June 27...lol what a coincidence huh?
Anyway I'm 90% positive I can make it there for 2 days. June 27-28.

#141 ·
Oh yeah...

what are we going to do out there? any activities planned? just hang out with the hoods open, lawn chairs and beer? or will we bring some BBQ materials and volleyball or frisbee.

...or are we just going to stand around in a circle giggling about our cars? one or two organized activities might make it more fun!

#145 ·
Actually that was just a photo shoot in front of Morro Rock. We actually met up at Biddle park in Arroyo Grande had a big bbq, and then we took the backroads (twistys) up to Morro Bay for that photo shoot.

#149 ·
Well if I had a bbq I'd be down to bring it, but I don't have a portable one.

There was no permit for the Morro Bay spot, as Tony pointed out we all just showed up there for a little bit after hanging out in Arroyo Grande.

The Pismo Outlet parking lot is an idea, but if I'm hanging out in a parking lot, I'd much rather do it right by the beach/bay than next to a freeway.

#152 ·
I can reserve a park (El Chorro Regional Park) on my dime, but I wanna make sure I don't end up eating the $100+ for the spot. The park would have a BBQ pit, place for the kids to play, just no guarantee on parking together. If this sounds good I'll reserve it, but I'll be hitting everyone up for a contribution at the meet. We could then drive some backroad to the coast and do a photoshoot. Let me know.

#155 ·
CP that sounds fine to me. If that doesn't work out I may have another spot. It's actually located on Cal Poly's campus, but there's a bbq pit and almost exactly 30 spots to park. The only problem is that the spots are all on a street that goes through campus. But there's plenty of grass and trees and places to sit. It's not the best place for a photo shoot but there's a 25 mph speed limit and usually lots of pedestrian traffic so there shouldn't be too much trouble for the little ones.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...kkkO0X7_OO-RCow&cbp=12,99.73061087848792,,0,5

There's more shade now as the trees are in full bloom. The bbq is in the extreme left of the picture and I'd guess it's about 2'x3' wide. As long as we bring enough charcoal and maybe one other small bbq I would think it would be plenty big if we all did hamburgers/hotdogs. If you guys would like I can check with the Cal Poly PD to make sure we don't need a permit or anything to use the space. I don't think it would be an issue, but I wouldn't want to get kicked out.

#157 ·
a park would probably be better than on campus... but that does look like a nice spot. the street parking might be full by the time we show up and the campus police would probably not want to see car club dudes drinking beer and stuff, not that the parks department guys would like that any better. on campus might not have a cost, meaning we would not need as many donations.

is there a costco in SLO? someone will probably have to buy the lunch stuff, etc up front and then we all pitch in as we show up... which means we need someone to take a collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.