Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Nor*Cal B.S. Thread

2M views 9K replies 88 participants last post by  Toadster88 
#1 ·
Lets make this a place for anything and everything we want to talk about. That way we dont fill up our other threads with B.S.

[ffrocks] [thumb] [ffrocks] [thumb] [ffrocks] [thumb]

#8,905 ·
Thanks man.. Been lurking here a while. Cars in the body shop should get it back Friday. Neighbor backed into it the same day I got my lentech. She put a dent in the quarter panel crossing 3 body lines had to argue a bit with insurance so they wouldn't total the car.

Getting the fenders rolled as well. Looking forward to getting it back and re-flashing I haven't really got to play with the transmission yet.

#8,907 ·
i dont know but the timing was epic... tundra vs focus

she had to drive past my car to park in her driveway and then backed into it she was just dropping some one off spent less than 30 seconds in her driveway and the way she tagged it was not logical

i live in a culdesac and the way she hit it suggested she was entering the court rather than leaving. at least she was honest and came to knock on my door to tell me.

all ironic because typically my car would be in the driveway but my wife had just left, or i would be at work... lentech was being installed next day, wheels were put on day prior, son being born 2 days after.

took two weeks of insurance haggle to get them to pay for the repairs. /rant

#8,908 ·
Anybody remember that Gray ZX3 I bought? I just sold it for the same price I bought it for. I pretty much got the following for free:
K&N Typhoon CAI (sold)
Cervini Mach 5 hood (sold)
TEIN S-Tech springs (installed in ZX5)
Shocks and struts for lowered springs (in garage)
EAPs with tires (installed in ZX5)
Crappy Loud straight pipe Exhaust (scrapyard)
250W Clarion door speakers with amp (installed in ZX5)
12" subwoofer and box with amp (for sale)
SPC front camber kit (installed in ZX5)
Adjustable upper front stress bar (installed in ZX5)
Ducting in center console for rear seat floor air (installed in ZX5)

But I did have to spend some coin at pick n pull to buy the upper and lower grills with fogs, airbag control module, shocks and struts (I gave my stock ones to Gerald when he helped me install the FRPP), cruise control throttle cable, horn, 15" stock wheels and tires, and driver seatbelt pretensioner. I also ordered another clutch master cylinder from RockAuto to correct the leak we all know and hate.

This doesn't include the countless hours prepping and painting the front bumper, chasing down a CEL, and ripping apart every part of the SRS to fix the Airbag light.

Whew. The nightmare that I nicknamed "Hel" is over. [nutkick] Long live "Scout". The car I've known and loved since I first saw her at the dealership. Stay tuned for a "garage sale" of Focus stuff coming soon before I move to the east coast.

#8,910 ·
Thanks man! As a bonus, I just found out that I successfully transferred to the Civil Engineer Corps. This pretty much means that I can continue my career in the Navy. I'll have a job that pays a little less than submarines did, but job satisfaction, at least for me, will be better.

I'm celebrating by ordering a tune from Tom. I hope I can be tuned in time for Ford Fest. [burnout]

Anybody else going to the Motorsports Spectacular tomorrow at the Salinas Sports Complex? I'll be there. It's gonna be awesome!

#8,911 ·
Well I ain't been on here in a while - I'm still
Alive , but for the people that don't know I sold
My 03 Orange SVT and got a new toy
(still have my supercharged 04)

2004 Ninja ZX6R

#8,914 ·
Who all is going to Ford Fest on Sunday? I'll be there. Been getting my car cleaned up and little projects here and there finished. Wish my 17" tires weren't showing metal threads so I could run the EAPs. Looks like it's Plasti Dipped stockers for me.

#8,920 ·
What's up guys hownisneveryone and there cars? I haven't been on here in forever. Life has just been so crazy.

#8,921 ·
^^Doin ok. Had a migraine now for over 5 weeks... And yeah, life is crazy, lol always something going on.

Oh and some good news! A guy I recently met is gonna teach me to weld with a MIG and a TIG welder!
My first project might be a custom coolant expansion tank... Cuz mine is getting older and I know they don't last forever. I'll let you guys know how that goes!

#8,923 ·
Fort Bragg to SoCal! Helluva drive. You going Atlanta-Dallas-Phoenix? Let me know if you'll be around Fort Ord in Monterey. Stop by and stretch your legs for a bit.

#8,928 ·
What up Josh?

[clap]

Say Josh, Whats up? What have you been up to? Say whats your thoughts on tce's bbk for the rear? = 11.75'' wilwod rotors/brackets & ss lines. I can't find any svt caliper brackets at all. The cost of buying reman svt calipers & a set of Baer racing rotors is a little bit less then the tce kit. Baer discoutined the 12'' kit a little while ago. On a different note I have a new job= 2.00hr more after 10+ yrs at Ford. You won't believe where & no its not at toyota.

#8,930 ·
A favor for a fellow nor cal focus owner? If you can take a few seconds of your time.

go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stanley-Photography/223228867692549

like it

then post on their wall "Megan Jensen sent me"

We just had a baby boy and my wife's wanting to win this networking contest because they are giving a free family photo session.

Thanks y'all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.