Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Merritt Island, Cocoa area... Anyone need a job?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  shftat6 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm needing to get a few more people at my shop. I'm looking for two different positions, descriptions are as follows...

General Service Person Would be needed to take care of unloading shipments, putting away stock, general clean-up, light mechanical repairs (oil changes, tire service) and a helping hand for other technicians.
Pay would be hourly, 8.00 to 8.50 per hour, 35-40 hours a week. This position would be perfect for someone with little to no experience, we do offer training to upgrade your skills.

Service Technician Would be working in a busy shop, on anything from basic maintenance (oil changes, transmission services, tune ups) to brakes, suspension work, alignments, etc..

Pay for this position would be 'per flat rate hour' your rate would depend on experience, the range for entry level technicians would be from 9.50 to 12.00 per flat rate hour. You need to have at least a basic tool set, and be willing to purchase what you need as you get established.

No certifications are required for entry level, but you will be encouraged (and rewarded) to get certified. Work week would be 48 hours, no limit on how many hours you can earn during that time.

If you don't understand how Flat-rate works, it's pretty simple. You get paid a set amount of time for each job you do, irregardless of how long it actually takes.

So for example, if you were to perform an alignment on a car, it pays 1.2 hours. If you spend 40 minutes on that job, you still get paid 1.2 hours. If you (for some reason) take 1.5 hours to do the job, you still get paid 1.2 hours.

Most technicians at our store that have worked any length of time flag 50 hours a week, with a few topping 80 on a regular basis, this is based on a 48 hour work week.

I am also considering hiring another Senior Technician This person would be expected to have some certifications already, along with a few years of experience. They would be expected to be able to diagnose and repair A/C systems, replace timing belts, do 'heavy line' repairs on occasion, light driveability diagnostics, and of course brakes, suspension, maintenance, etc... Again, this would be a 'per flat rate hour' position.

Rate of pay would of course vary according to experience, certifications, and areas of expertise, but most Senior Technician positions start anywhere from 12-17 dollars per flat rate hour. You would be expected to provide your own hand tools, and be able to work a 48 hour week.

Please note! ALL applicants need to have a VALID drivers licence, and be able to pass a drug screening test. We also run a background check. We don't immediately discriminate if you have a few skeletons in your closet, but if you lie on the application about it, our corporate office WILL reject you. So please, just be honest!

Interested applicants can email me for more details @ sbowlby01@aol.com

or call the store and ask for me (Scott)

or just drop by and I'll be happy to interview you

Of, course, we are an equal opportinuty employer!

Scott Bowlby
Service Mgr

Firestone Tires and Service
777 E. Merritt Island Cswy
Merritt Island, FL 32952
321-453-6757

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.