Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dragon?

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  blackfocus2k4 
#1 ·
Anyone doing a Dragon run pretty soon? Have yet to drive it and since the weather is getting better I figured I would see if anyone was going out. It doesn't have to be any kind of big meet, just taking a drive out there and having fun.

#3 ·
I didn't have any locked down for September, so open for the rest of that. Come October, there might be a few weekends where family might be around. I am usually always open for anything on a weekend.
So to answer the question, no, I don't have a set time. Pretty open.

#4 ·
I was going to suggest mid October possibly around the 20th or so. I'm open to basically whenever also, except October 6th. I might head down to Charlotte for Freshwise 2. Just throwing some dates out there.

#5 ·
The 20th looks like a good date actually. Step daughter is coming down the last week of October and it looks like the other family member is not going to make it. If she does, it shouldn't hurt taking off that weekend. She is suppose to come earlier and not later, if she does.

#6 ·
might be a good opportunity for me to give my turbo build a shakedown. next solid month and a half are going to be bonkers crazy busy for me but if im open ill be there if i have my car done. that means i have 1 month to complete the restoration of a 93 bonneville SSEi, install a turbo kit on my zx3, tune it, find a new driver side door, and then paint the whole car. and i only have time to work on projects friday-sunday. ill consider my car to be "done" if i at least have the kit on and tuned and have the worst of the dents out of it, the windows go up and down, and its in primer.

#13 ·
Sounds like a round of bad luck, something came up last night of all things. As I am driving home, I put my right blinker on and it was blinking really fast. So I drove to Autozone to get a bulb and to check out which bulb may have blown. Turns out I have an electrical bug to track down. My driver side brake light, I have euro tails, is burnt out. Burnt out as in, it almost melted the housing.... WTF. It warped the plastic on the tail a small amount so the bad bulb had to be broken just to take out since it was all frosted white and deformed. All the other bulbs were fine but for some reason, even though all bulbs were replaced, the right rear blinker is still not working. Not sure why this happened now, no changes to anything. Must just be either a vibration knocked one of the T clamps from installing the euro lights or a bug ate through a wire and shorted the system.
Needless to say, I am not going to be doing any long distance driving until this is fixed. I can see it now, yet another year I could not make the Dragon. Hopefully there will be some more nice weekends heading this way before it starts to snow up there.

#15 ·
As far as I can tell, my electrical problem is now fixed. I am still unsure as to what caused it though. I need to dig deeper into the electrical things with my car anyway. My headlights have had a slight pulsing for years and it has nothing to do with my stereo setup. I have wanted to upgrade the "big three" for some time but just never got around to doing it. I also think I need to check my headlight wiring. I did it back in 03 when I got my first set of ST170's. I probably need to cut and re-solder everything.
I will be up for another try at the Dragon though, just that October is now almost over and I can not do it for the next three weekends due to other plans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.