Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SFT May meet

18K views 197 replies 16 participants last post by  01_focus_zx3 
#1 ·
Who's in and where do you guys want to meet? Hey lets get this going guys. I may not be driving depending on when it is, I'll be there in a focus one way or the other though. LOL! I would like to see this meet in the Charlotte area. We seem to have better turn outs that way. I am up for whatever though.

#2 ·
we should have it at Tom's shop if we are aiming for may. he is testing some squaire tube headers he's been wanting to do for the last several years sometime around may 18th. he isnt sure on an exact date yet. i say all us local guys go down there and throw him a victory BBQ when those suckers lay down helluva big numbers... for headers anyway.

#4 ·
whats wrong with my idea? we could meet at Mr. K's again. pinks is coming to the zmax drag strip next weekend i think. if we turn up there with enough people we may get some video attention! doubt it but it would be so cool

#5 ·
Depending when we do this meet i can make it. I think Chase's idea is good. But if we want a more lowkey kinda meet what about meeting in huntersville somewhere? Maybe just meeting somewhere and then all going to get food.

#6 ·
ah you're just saying that because you dont wanna drive! wimp! i really wouldn't mind Mr. K's again, their food is excellent there. i ended up driving about 40 miles out of my way to go by there on the way back from norfolk VA awhile back.

#11 ·
i really wouldn't mind Mr. K's again, their food is excellent there. i ended up driving about 40 miles out of my way to go by there on the way back from norfolk VA awhile back.

How weird, I stopped in Mr. K's Friday night before I left for Virginia. I was sitting in there thinking how great the first meet turned out and was wondering if it was about time to try it again.

Mid-May would be good for me wherever we decide, hopefully I will have some of those parts sold by then and started to crawl a little out of this financial hole I'm in. [:(]

#8 ·
We will have an install day at my house as soon as I can install. Where you want to meet and eat in Huntersville, I don't know much about the area. I am up for that. We haven't had a meet there yet.

#10 ·
alrighty. maby we can talk him into giving us some dyno time after he gets done with the header stuff? im sure we could get plenty of people to turn out!

#14 ·
just heard back from Tom. he said a meet at his dyno would be cool just so long as it was on a Saturday and wasnt on the same day he is testing his new header. he thinks he is going to test it sometime between may 15-18. so what date would be good? may 9th or the 23rd? if he tests it on a day other than the 16th we could do it then.

#15 ·
Let's do a Mr.K's meet mid-May. The 15-18. Just get some burgers and hang out. It's been awhile. We can do a Tom's meet in May too, it's all good.

#17 ·
How's Saturday, May 16th. We can meet at 11-1130am. Then eat at Mr.K's. We will meet in the parking lot directly across from Mr.K's, just like last time.

#19 ·
just got word back from tom. he is game for a meet at the dyno on the 16th. he is also game to make a dyno day out of it. $50 per car. meet at focus-power in belmont and then make the 15 min drive from there to Mr. K's after we've had the meet and greet and dynoed to our hearts' content?

#21 · (Edited)
i know im getting up there! hell if we only have 2 people making dyno pulls thats fine by me. i just want to see what my pile makes on the spray. i started a meet thread on FJ last night with all of the info neatly arranged on the first post. im just going to directly copy and paste it onto this post.

We are having a meet at Focus-Power in Belmont on Saturday, May 16th. Tom (1turbofocus for those of you who also surf focusfanatics) is temporarily coming out of retirement and returning from Mexico to test some headers he has been developing for the last 2-3 years, and has been kind enough to host a meet at his dyno as well as having a dyno day of sorts. $50 per car for dyno time!

Address:
503 1/2 Woodlawn Ave
N. Belmont, NC 28012

The Plan:
Meet and greet between 10am and 11am
Check out each others rides and drool over Tom's latest work
Get on the dyno and see what your ride ACTUALLY makes to the wheels
Go out and cruise the streets preferrably in the direction of Gastonia because thats where we're heading for food!

Attending:
focusmaniaczx3 (Chase)
1turbofocus(Tom)
BluefocusSVT04 (Brandon)
B16Sir1991 (Mike)
tangerine dream
sonicblu3zx3
SuperFocuszx5
SVTF200487
xfordx
mellowness65
kl0kwUrk
SVTflyer03
01_focus_zx3 (marshall)

Maby:
98lowranger
mix1983
wrc_fan
blackcatn2o

#151 ·
We are having a meet at Focus-Power in Belmont on Saturday, May 16th. Tom is temporarily coming out of retirement and returning from Mexico to test some headers he has been developing for the last 2-3 years, and has been kind enough to host a meet at his dyno as well as having a dyno day of sorts. $50 per car for dyno time!

Address:
503 1/2 Woodlawn Ave
N. Belmont, NC 28012

The Plan:
Meet and greet between 10am and 11am
Check out each others rides and drool over Tom's latest work
Get on the dyno and see what your ride ACTUALLY makes to the wheels
Go out and cruise the streets preferrably in the direction of the GasHouse Grill in Gastonia for food after we are done at Tom's.

Attending:
focusmaniaczx3 (Chase)
1turbofocus(Tom)
BluefocusSVT04 (Brandon)
B16Sir1991 (Mike)
tangerine dream
sonicblu3zx3
SuperFocuszx5
SVTF200487
xfordx
mellowness65
kl0kwUrk
SVTflyer03
01_focus_zx3 (marshall)

Maby:
98lowranger
mix1983
wrc_fan
blackcatn2o
that would be the plan sir! by the way ill be parked out front for yous guys who havent been there before. ill be in a red 2000 zx3 with black and chrome 18s

#26 ·
ah come on now. ill bet there isnt a single focus shows up with less than 100wph. my first time on a dyno was with basic bolt ons and i made er uh well 109whp with 124ft lbs tq lol

Hey! i can bring my leaf blower and duct tape it to the intake! leaf blower turbo! that has to be good for at least 20hp!

#27 ·
Put me down as a maybe, my project car had better be up and running by then...so put me down for some dyno pulls too.

I hope to be putting down 170whp!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.