Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Calling all fanatics - February Focus G2G!

9K views 137 replies 14 participants last post by  SVTF200487 
#1 ·
The new year is upon us, and with it comes the opportunity to have the first NC G2G of the year. We're hoping for a good turnout, but we at least want to start a trend for the coming year that will lead to more opportunities for focus fans to meet each other and hang out. To that end, here is what we've decided on so far:

The date for the G2G is going to be Saturday, February 2nd. We wanted to make it in January, but there were some members that had conflicts in Jan. and this also gives us more time to plan.

The location for the meet is going to be a public park in Jacksonville, NC. I know this will be a drive for some of you, myself included (I'll be coming from Charlotte), but after waiting for responses, it seems like we will get the most turnout from that side of the state. We hope to have more meets all over the state in the coming year, so if you can't make it, hopefully your chance will come later. The park has a shelter we will be using for the cookout and meet, but if the weather turns sour or the local constabulary make a fuss then TargetRabbit has graciously agreed to welcome us into his home (Thanks again, Rabbit). For those of you needing to mapquest the location, it is: 5 West Bayshore Blvd., Jacksonville, NC 28540.

We planned on a start time of 10:00am for people to begin showing up, but since we know that there will be some that will have a drive ahead of them, we decided to wait until 1:00pm to begin serving food (more on that later). We didn't plan in an ending time, because everybody's circumstance will be different. I know some will stay the night in hotels or crash with friends and others will simply drive back home. We'll let you decide that one for yourself.

So, on to new business. Since we have the time and place nailed down, we need to know who's planning on attending. This will help us with making sure there will be enough food for all. Once we know how many are coming, we can discuss the menu, and what people can bring to help out with that.

I'll start a new post with the list of attendees and I'll update the list as people respond back. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please post them in this thread. I look forward to seeing you guys & gals there! [thumb]

See less See more
#58 ·
if there are women there, then yeah there might be some blackmale going on....

#60 ·
Seems like everytime i leave for a few dayz and get back on the subjects alwayz beer and women? LOL I still gonna try to make it...cause My focus is in the shop...the whole bottom half went up in flames...fried all wires and hoses..which sucks.. i have to have a whole new wiring harness and all new hoses..Tell ya what the ford place is tryin its best to find other things to fix other than that..I told them to fix what it came in there for first and we will talk about the rest when thats done!!

#62 ·
Yea.....there more worried about fixin this other crap that dosen't even need to be fixed..than tryin to get the hoses and wiring harness and tryin to find out why the fire started..crazy...Yeah with all new hoses and a new wiring harness its gonna cost like 3,000 dollars...But i not payin for it...Luckly for me my insurance covers fires under the policy...I jus wanna know how it happened and for them to fix it ya know

#68 ·
ive been holdin out so ill kno for sure and well.... i gots bad news, gotta work that whole weekend [rant] [mad] [:(!]

maybe next time or maybe there could be a bunch of people go cruisin sometime this summer up town in High Point, only down side of that is theres a 100% chance of ricer on the weekends out there....

#69 ·
Sorry you can't make it, I understand about work. Don't worry, I don't think this will be the only meet this year (at least I hope not), so we may have one closer to you later on this year.

A cruise does sound cool, and I wouldn't worry about the rice. We'll be kind and not show them up too much. [hah]

#71 ·
Hey Rabbit, I just was thinking about the list of condiments, servingware, etc., and I happened to think: Is there a Sam's Club or Costco type place near you guys? Instead of everybody transporting something, we could just go and pick this stuff up. The wife and I will be driving in Friday night and stay the weekend, so we could meet up somewhere and go get these last-minute things. That way, if anyone else wants to contribute, they can just throw a couple bucks in the hat to help with the costs. What do you think? [scratch]

#73 ·
Well so far no one has offered to bring Potato salad, so you could bring that if you wanted.

As I look back over the lists, I realize I forgot about the drinks! I know that beer has been mentioned numerous times, but for those of us that won't be having any, what type of drinks would you guys like? I'm assuming we'll go with some kind of soft drinks, but is there anything anyone doesn't like or can't drink? For example, my wife can't have Pepsi because she's allergic to it. Anyone have any problems like that? If you would like to bring some kind of drink let me know and I'll make a list so we know we've got that covered.

#75 ·
Cool. I figure we could pick up most of the stuff there and that would keep anyone from having to bring it with them, especially the burgers and dogs. We still need to figure out what everyone likes to drink, so people can sign up to bring some drinks. Any preferences?

#77 ·
OK people, we've reached the official One week countdown!! [woot] [woot]

We're almost there, but we've still got some things left to do. Anyone else who is a definite, please make sure to respond so I can put you on the list. This is what we'll use to decide how much food to have on hand. We'll have some extra for the potential drop-ins, and we may have to make some store runs, but we want to see if we can keep it to a minimum.

So far, no one has commited to bring drinks. If anyone would like to bring some 2-liters or beer (whichever you would prefer) please respond. Also, let us know if there's any drinks you would prefer or anything you can't have/don't like (please see previous post about this).

Something else we may need are coolers. This is not just for the drinks, we could use one for all the food. It will make it an easier clean-up afterwards. If you have a cooler you can bring, please respond so we can make sure we've got all that covered.

** A small note on the weather: **
Checking out the weather channel, it looks like there might be a good chance of it raining that weekend. That being said, we'll see how much it affects the shelter in the park. If it becomes too much of a problem, we'll head over to Rabbit's place. However, if it's not a strong rain and the shelter is big enough, we may just tough it out. We'll have to wait and see. Just to let you all know that we do have a rain plan.

Let's all keep focused (no pun intended) and try to make this G2G the best we can. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to getting together with my Focus bretheren and finally seeing some life in NC. Let's have this be the start of a fun year for Foci in NC [thumb]

#79 ·
I can do the beer and I also have a large cooler too, let me know....

#81 ·
DAMN, you suck, ditch that meeting.....which one will be more fun?[goofydrunk]
[loveff]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.