Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dealership/Shop Review for the South East

22K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  BLAQTYGA 
#1 ·
This thread is for any good/bad reviews of any dealers or performance shops in the SE region. If you've had a good experience with and Dealer or aftermarket shop in the entire SE, let us know.

This is not a rant thread, do not post a long ass story about why dealers suck etc..........,

Put in a basic format

Dealer/shop name-

Location/ (website if avail.)-

Experience- good/bad?

Reason- short story of why it was good or bad.

Also if you have any names of service techs or installers that helped you in a significant way that you would like to recommend them.

I hope this helps someone.

Jon

See less See more
#2 ·
My review of a DEALER

Name- Long Lewis Ford

Location- Hoover, AL.

Experiance- GREAT!!

Reason- I had been trying to get a new car for a while I was recomended to LL Ford by Dell (Gop114). I was connected to Kevin Rima. He found the EXACT car I wanted, every thing I could possibly want was on this car and NOTHING I didn't. They knew i could not make a drive up there to sign papers so they mailed them to me so i did not have to. They gave me a GREAT deal and changed my perspective on dealers.

Names- Kevin Rima-Salesman

#3 ·
Mullinax Ford in Apopka, Fl

Excellent..!!!

Just the fact that i got my 2005 zx3 se brand new out the door for $11.6k is enough....and my first 2 services are free.

Their prices are awesome....plus no dealer or handling or bullcrap fees like all other dealers....

#4 ·
Town and country ford in bessemer, al is great to deal with. Bought my car from "sparky" and had my car in ther service shop. Gave me a kick ass trade in value on my old zx3 and a great price on my svt. Also my family has bought 5 cars from this dealer and sales person. A++ dealer.

Earnest mccarty (sp) in alabaster, al. Also another great dealer with a friendly service staff. Work on my car without any questions.

Adamson ford in downtown bham, al....they suck balls. Avoid them at all costs. Wouldnt even look at my car for the dsi clip or clutch tsb that ford had out. Unfriendly sales staff. F+ *click*

#5 ·
pulliam ford
columbia SC
they are one of the best dealers i have ever been to. very helpful. they really are there for the customer. they all work off salery, so they dont really care to much how much they sell u a car for. they are also SVT certi.
got my car for 11G no hassle

#7 ·
Ok i got 2, one good one bad

Name: Carl Gregory Ford

Experience: BAD

Story: Pretty much anyone from the Auburn area can tell you they suck dick and everyone has stories about them but pretty much they do crappy service work, are extremely impolite and unknowledgable and refuse to do warrenty work and threaten to cancel it etc...pretty much my transmission is screwed because of them...

Number 2:

Name: Mike Patton Ford

Experience: GOOD

Story: Probably the best dealership I've been to in the south, extremely polite and nice, knowledable, and are willing to help ya out. Beautiful facilities that are brand new and clean, just the best people you can think of, basically I'm willing to drive 20 minutes to go to them instead of 2 minutes to Carl Gregory.

#10 ·
Ive got two....

Champion Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda in Owensboro, KY. Had a coupon for "The Works" for $20. Then the told me that I have a bad rear wheel bearing, and that my spark plugs need changing. I asked the tech how does he know that the spark plugs need to be changed(I had just changed them 2 weeks before this). Hetold me that he was just going by mileage. And the had also already had the wheel off trying to fix the bearing issue, BEFORE they told me. I would not take any car to this dealer ever!!!!!

Hudson Ford Nissan in Madisonville, KY. This is where I bought my 05 ZX3 SE. Brad is a wonderful guy to deal with. Sticker on the car was $18k left with it at $12k. Service dept is wonderful also. An interior plan popped off one day ran by, they were really busy. One of the techs came out and spent 30 min to get popped back into place for me, NO APPOINTMENT! Would defintely do business with again!!!

Bill

#11 ·
ok

Springfield ford, in Rincon Ga(20 min from Savannah)

the salesmen are all pretty good.

i went there because my wife knew a salesmen there. he was a nice guy and retired after my sale. i wouldnt have a problem buying there again.

the service writers are great the women go outta there way for you with gettin gyou a rent-a-car or a loaner they keep you updated with you car everyday and all that good stuff.

now the service manger and tech are the worst they had trouble finding half my problems on my car they lie and ever scrached the HELL outta my bumper. i had to take it up to the owner to get it fix i will never bring my car back there to get it fixed.

#12 ·
Name- Nick Nicholas Ford

Location- Inverness, FL

Experiance- AWESOME

Reason- After visiting my LOCAL Ford dealership, I was given the total run-around
and that particular dealership acted like I was the crackhead, they were the dealer.
After they tried to put me into a 12,000 mile used ATX focus sedan, I left.

After building and pricing the Focus I wanted from the Ford website I got in contact with Nick Nicholas Ford and they made me an appointment to come down and talk. I got there and the EXACT Focus I wanted was on the lot. (They got it to the lot in a matter of a week)

After some talking they accepted my monthly payments offer, but for a 6 year
term. I told them it was too long and was set to go when they dropped it to a 5
year term at a 4% APR and payments of $250.00 monthly. I got home with my
car totally happy with the deal. I was even happier with the deal when I got a letter
3 weeks later saying there was a mistake on the information, that my APR had been dropped to 3.9% and my payments dropped to $244.00 a month for a 5 year term.

It's a great deal!

Names- Steven, Internet Sales

#18 ·
I agree on this one they warrantied my tranny gave me the new one to keep and installed my lentech in place of the warrantied tranny. great bunch of guys.... and girls

#13 ·
Dealer/shop name- CarMax
Location/ (website if avail.)-South Orlando (on Semaron near the airport)

Experience- good/bad? good

Reason- I have bought several cars from their used inventory (including my current 2003 ZX5). They update their website daily with new inventory and will reserve a vehicle for you to test drive. No haggling. They give a fair price on trade-ins, usually at or above Kelly's Blue Book value for the condition/features of the vehicle. Typically, they have 5 or 6 foci in town, but they can bring in a vehicle from elsewhere (typically $450 for a vehicle in CA, but $150 for a vehicle on the east coast).

#14 ·
Ford of Clermont (formerly Rolling Hills Ford)

Clermont, Florida

Body shop guys are excellent. DONT work with the Service dept. They will RIP YOU OFF. Those jerks charged 8 hours for a 4 hour job and claimed they had to manufacture several pieces to make it all work. I had the SVT header, cat, flex, and Borla exhaust installed. It seems they don't normally install what they dont sell, but never mind. They ADDED a heatshield when I said I did not want one because of the heat wrap on the headers. THAT was manufactured from sheet aluminum. JERKS... And, they said none of the hangers were placed in stock positions and had to have connectors made, whatever that means... These were BOLT ON parts, not custom. THEY made it custom.

#15 ·
I work as a technician at Prestige Ford in Mt. Dora and would be glad to install aftermarket part on any focus. Id show you if a part didn't fit correctly and have
you call the manufacturer about it. Give us a chance as a dealer.

#17 ·
I want to tell you about THE BEST car buying experience I've ever had, and I've bought a lot in my many years. I didnt particularly seek out this dealership but they had the Focus Wagon I really liked so thought I'd see what they could do. Long story short, I was amazed! No big haggling and going through 15 people who each try to get more money out of you. We sat down, came up with some figures--which didnt work the first time--juggled some and then came up with a deal that worked for us both. (I'd already made up my mind what I had to have for my trade and what I would go in terms) Long and short of it, the deal worked in less than an hour. More importantly though was the finance situation. I already had been cleared elsewhere and was reasonably satisfied with what I had, but my salesman suggested "what the heck, let us try and beat that for you." I thought , yeah right. I was totally surprised when they not only came back with an answer in l5 minutes but it was FIVE PERCENT LESS INTEREST than what I already had. Then, because of all the goodies on my vehicle and my age, I knew I needed an extended warranty. After pricing them everywhere, online and at other Ford dealers, I was pretty sure I would have to fork up more than I could afford for a decent warranty. Once again, they said, let us try. So I figured okay, let's see what you come up with. I nearly fell out of the chair when they offered me a better warranty at one third the cost of all the others, and it was a Ford warranty good anywhere. So hey, Im saying you have to talk with these guys at Walker Ford on US 19 in Clearwater before you make any deal. No wonder they've been in business for nearly fifty years! Grieg Larsen is their manager and made me feel like he really valued my business even if it was a used Focus and not the $60K tricked out Mustang.

#19 ·
Also Gulf Coast Ford in Crystal River Florida. this place is owned by Nick Nicholas Ford i have had stuff done by them as well with my cosworth stuff i had and had no problems with warranty claims.

#20 ·
Name- Rollins Automotive Inc

Location- Gainesville, Fl. www.rollinsautomotiveinc.com

Experience- Awesome

Reason- This place has been recommended to me by almost every other shop in town. It's the only high performance shop in all of Gainesville, and they definitely know their stuff. Anytime I need some little special piece like for electric or plumbing or anything, they got it or can have it next day and always cheaper than mail order. I'm working on an engine swap to drop a Windsor motor into my Focus once the warranty is up. They got a full shop in the back to go with the parts counter up front, they mainly do V8 domestic, but can get the parts you need and they're the only place around with race fuel, nitrous, high quality custome welding and metal work and a wheel dyno.

Names - Kevin and Jason can fix or fabricate ANYTHING!

#21 ·
RAS Auto Repairs Inc. - South Florida

Name: RAS Auto Repairs Inc.

1014-A NE 43rd St, Oakland Park FL 33334

Expirence: Awesome

954-568-1316 Ask for Rene

The owner is a perfectionist. I recommend them highly. I have a 2001 Focus 2.0 DOHC Wagon - 112,000 miles. They replaced the timing belt / related items, Assy Belt, Assy pully, tensioner, alternator, tranny filter / fluid, egr valve (giving fault code 1401), flushed the coolant sys, flushed brake system, bypassed my heater core as it was leaking into the interior and did it within the time and price that was promised. They took the car in, kept me informed daily of progress, double checked everything, and gave me back the car as clean as I gave it to them. I have used the son's services for years, he works on JetSkis and ATV's / Motorcycles.

They are so far the most honest mechanics I have run into. Thats saying alot here in South Florida. [thumb]

#23 · (Edited)
i have a good shop that does alot of exhaust work and other various things.

Name: Foster's truck and auto, inc.

phone number: 813-622-7105

address: 3202 N. 40th St.
Tampa, Fl 33605

Grade: A++

i took my catback there to install and they did it in like 40 min. even with inproper fitment issues, easily fixed. one section too short, a hanger was at wrong angle. they also do custom jobs.

ps. if youve see The Punisher, these guys did the exhaust work on the cars

#24 ·
Dealer/shop name- OK TIRE Of Pompano Beach(They sell rims tires and do Auto Repair. Nice selection of rims for pretty damn cheap lots brand new on hand)

Location/ (website if avail.)- 3381 N Dixie Hwy, Pompano Beach - (954) 781-8220

Experience- good/bad? GREAT

Reason- short story of why it was good or bad.: Good family ran shop. Prices can get a little steep but no B/S charges been using them for 10 years. He's also got a Booosted FoFO(Edit i should say someone that is always there has a Vortec boosted focus.

#25 ·
Sawgrass ford:
*sunrise blvd and sawgrass expressway*

experience: AMAZING.

they were very reasonable, i purchased my 07 focus ST from them, paid 9,500, it had 26,000 miles on it,
The people were very friendly and went thru everything with me, as well as giving me an advanced warranty on the powertrain, they cleaned the car/vacuumed without me asking, and their aftermarket part's section is rather advanced, they were very helpful.

i would recommend them to anyone.

#27 ·
Duval Ford - Jacksonville, FL

Name: Duval Ford

Experience: GOOD & BAD

Story: (New Sales) (GOOD) I have bought Every vehicle I have owned from them. I have 1 Salesman that I will deal with because this is the only salesman that I have dealt with that doesn't have to lie to make a sale. His name is Herb Bohannon. If he can work with you he will. If he cant then he is straight forward and tells you what you need to do to make it work. I have also bought a used vehicle from this man and have never had a problem with him. The last vehicle I bought from him was my 2009 Focus. The only thing I could get Financed for was a manual version of this vehicle. Having never driven a manual I was a little sketchy on it but this man took both me and my wife out in it and taught us the basics of how to drive a manual.

(Bad) The one time I dealt with someone other than my usual salesman, I was treated like crap and had my wife disrespected. So from then on the only salesman I will deal with is my usual guy.

(Service) I have never had a problem with the service department but once again i usually only deal with one person. Very Straight Forward but since it is a dealership it is a bit on the pricy side.

Overall I definitely recommend this Dealership and my salesman. Good buying and service experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.