Moving down to Atlanta - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: Florida

Fanatics: Florida Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Florida areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Moving down to Atlanta

that's right, I've had it with Nashville. Moving to Atlanta.
So I ask the FFs from Atlanta and surroundings to help me out with some questions here.

Any good colleges in the area??
decent neighborhoods to rent a place??
what neighborhoods are definatelly not to be considered?? (ghettos and such)

all replies are appreciated.
(now let's organize a g2g, hehe)

Hector.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM   #2
"Party Pic WHORE"

Fan#: 10320
What I Drive: 2005 pitch black zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 jmotank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
well, i'll do what i can to help you. i have lived all around atlanta in the past 4 years. tell me what ur looking for. looking to be right down town? what kinda $ u lookin to spend on rent? i can tell you many places in and around atl and what price range. i will keep you out of the ghetto but not have you paying a fortune(unless you got it like that) then i'll hook you up down town. LOL. i had a bad as$ loft apartment down town that was the most cool and convenient place to live. was a bit expensive but well worth it. and there are plenty of good colleges in and around the area. what are you going to go to school for?
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
MBRP exhaust, SRI, BFG G-Force sports, Steeda STS, painted stock rims, 1 12" diamond audio D6 sub, 3201T audiobahn amp, JVC headunit, Kicker 6X8's, 2 Farad cole cap, FC front strut bar, under body LED kit
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
"Party Pic WHORE"

p.s. i'mm all down for a get together. i don't think we have too many of us down here. but we'll work on that!!
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
MBRP exhaust, SRI, BFG G-Force sports, Steeda STS, painted stock rims, 1 12" diamond audio D6 sub, 3201T audiobahn amp, JVC headunit, Kicker 6X8's, 2 Farad cole cap, FC front strut bar, under body LED kit
Old 11-22-2005, 01:24 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

I hate commuting, so I'm looking at the map, and I was thinking somewhere within a 15 mi radius from downtown, tops. So that's about from Dunwoody to Riverdale, and from Mableton to Redan.
moneywise, no more than $600 for a 1bedroom, and no more than $800 for a 2 bedroom. I don't need a real fancy apt.

About school, I'm still debating here, a part of me wants to go back to the medical field as a vet (I was in 3rd year in medschool back in Chile), but I'm also hooked with the the idea of going to helicopter flight school. So I really don't know.
There's a pretty decent helicopter training school in Atlanta, so all good there.
If I choose vetschool, what sucks is that after college I would have to move to Athens. But that would be after at least 2 years. So for now, I'm sticking around Atlanta, no matter what I choose.

what's your name by the way??

**edit** I looked it up, it's Jeremy.
Team Duratec #45
Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
"Party Pic WHORE"

well, i can tell you the best places IMO. atlanta is an expensive city. kennesaw is a good place to live plus there is a state college there. and it's only bout 20 min down town drive. where i live, powder springs is nice, douglasville, stone mountain. those are a few cities to check into. as far as nice places, areas, and rent is decent in those areas. i had a really nice apartment in stone mountain for $450. kennesaw is prolly for you, the best bet. area wise and cost wise with the state college right there. prolly $500-$600 for a nice 1 bed room. powder springs where i am is nice. you will have to be 20-25 miles out to find nice area/apartments/cost of rent/ all in one.
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
Old 11-22-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
"Party Pic WHORE"

thing is too, in those areas u r near major highmays wich is deffinately good. what u gotta understand, atl is growing to be as big as NY or LA so traffic is horrid no matter where u live. but that has to be expected. but it is great to live here and is a cool as$ city. i been here for 4 years. moved here from cleveland ohio. but once you get used to it, believe me, it's not so bad. traffic that is. oh, and why would you have to move to athens after school? i know some great vets down town that i am sure pay very well. specially in the rich areas. i can tell you where those are too!
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
Old 11-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

cool. that'll help me out a lot. thanks.
I should've posted this thread last week though. I drove down to atlanta yesterday to check out the flight school, and i wanted to look at some apts too, but i didn't know where to start. So now I'm leaving tomorrow and I didn't get to check out any, haha :(
maybe next time.
So, now tell me where not to look for apts...
Team Duratec #45
Old 11-22-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jmotank
oh, and why would you have to move to athens after school? i know some great vets down town that i am sure pay very well. specially in the rich areas. i can tell you where those are too!
'cause i'm going to school to become a vet, not work for one, haha. The only vet school i found in GA is in Athens.
unless you're talking about a vet school in atl that I haven't heard of yet...?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 AM   #9
"Party Pic WHORE"

no, i understand about school. i don't know of any other vet schools. well, i wouldn't go south of atlanta. to be honest, west and north of the city are prolly the best. i live about 25 mile out but can make it down town in about 20 minutes. not too bad depending on what way i go. but i would say for someone ur age, in ur price range for rent, kennesaw would be a great place. and i do know there are a few foci folks in that area. i talked to one guy up there and said there is a few but in the spring there is a good cruisin strip where everyone rolls. i got a wife and kids so i don't go that route. been there done that. but meets are great. i looked at a couple apartments up there and lived with a freind in kennesaw for a while. there are some really nice new apartments up that way that are affordable and kennesaw is right off of I75 so it's a straight shot right into down town. let me know when ur in the area and where you will be and i could give you directions to some places.
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
Old 11-22-2005, 02:29 AM   #10
"Party Pic WHORE"

oh, by the way, where was that flight school you were talking about??
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.