Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Anyone in Scottsdale?

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  StingRay 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just moved here last summer and would like to get to know my fellow Focus members in the area. Apart from the Pavilions meet does anyone meet up? When I lived in LA we met once a week religiously haha.
Anyway if anyone wants to get together tomorrow (Sat. 2/23) let me know. I'd like to get to know the AZ members. :)

Cheers,

Chris

#2 ·
im on border of tempe/phoenix and enjoy to hang out and meet new focus people, hang out with some of the focus people outside of meets from time to time, more buds then just car club peoples. I feel like i may have seen ya before in scottsdale a few times, i drive a liquid grey focus thats lowered quite a bit.

#3 ·
Right on, me too. It's cool to have car friends outside of meets. Some of my best friends in the world I have met thanks to having Foci haha.
Sounds like you and me are the only ones around eh? We should meet up sometime. I'm thinking about heading out to that pavilion meet sometime soon.
That's cool that you have seen me. I'm sure it was, I haven't seen anyone around since I moved here. Not one single (proper) Focus. Hahaha

#6 ·
Well we should meet up sometime, even just the three of us, grab coffee or something haha.
Also, i'd like to see Your car SYZ, I saw your ad for it on another thread. It looks quite proper. I can't believe you're selling it!!

#11 ·
My schedule id pretty busy lately, but I'm usually down for a meet/G2G. I'm down in Maricopa and don't usually leave town unless I'm going to school or to my moms.

#14 ·
Well it looks like the majority of everyone isn't in Scottsdale... but that's alright!! Being that as it may when we finally decide to rendezvous we should pick a central location for everyone to meet. When we had our meet in Los Angeles we met every other tuesday night and it was awesome. So depending on everyone's schedule i'd like to coordinate a very similar event (depending on interest).

#16 ·
I am only available on Sundays. Schoold Monday nights and I worl Tuesday - Saturday nights. I'm always down for a South Mountain run. I can occasionaly trade shifts and get another night off, just need enough notice to work some magic.

#18 ·
I have later part of Sat & sundays. I am head'n out to Tempe Town Lake tonight for sum shots of my other car, prolly go grub afterwards and head home, South Mountain is great for a mountain run and so is Mt. Lemon in Tucson. I hope to have some bigger Lenz for SLT Camera before I go back there again tho.

I to have been in a few forums, DSM tuner's are not much different for giving ppl crap, funny at first but gets old. Nothing irks me more than having a douche go on how he is right and your wrong no matter what. Just avoid that crap i say!

#19 ·
sorr yi havent been on here in a while, but im still down for meeting up with ppls, even just a meet and greet one night say this week, i have class weds and fri til next week when it changes, or i have weekends off and can meetup, wanna hit up sotuh mountain soon or a cruise up by the lakes for some twisty fun! ALSO need to roll my rear fenders sometime soon and planning to autoX on March 17th at firebird

#20 ·
So it sounds like the best day for everyone is sunday ya? Should we consider maybe a sunday night meet every once in awhile? Is anyone down for that?

Sorry I haven't replied lately, I just started a second job and its been pretty nuts working at two places these days! Haha!

#21 ·
Hopefully I'm getting a new job soon(don't know the hours), but we could do like a monthly meet or something? Sounds like a good idea to me.

#24 ·
I think that should be fine. What with summer approaching it might be better the later we meet due to the sun and the heat. Besides, car meets are always way "cooler" at night anyway. Haha ;)

#25 ·
I suggest scheduling a semi monthly or monthly Pavillions meet, that way there is something else to do if it's a small showing. It's an easy way to meet the people in the area.

#26 ·
Perhaps. I mean, whatever everyone wants to do. I just remember going to bigger meets in SoCal and it was kinda sketch. Bikes doing burnouts, guys stunting around the lot. It just wasn't that chill of an environment. Then one time CHP came and blocked all the exits, a helicopter flew over and told everyone to leave and the cops were popping hoods as everyone left. Impounding cars, giving fix-it tickets, it was crazy. Not like I think that'll happen here, just when we had our Focus group it was just us (like 8 usually, sometimes more) and it was chill. But I do see what you mean, I think it would be cool for a group of us to hang out at a bigger meet in case the turnout isn't that good.
It's really whatever everyone wants to do.

#27 ·
Pavillions is an organized weekly car show. There are hundreds of cars and trucks there. You'll need to check it out yourself, but that type of stuff doesn't typically happen. There are police nearby and everyone knows it. AZ isn't the fascist state that CA is with the whole popping hoods stuff.

#28 ·
We started meeting almost monthly a while ago. I think the most that showed up was about 5 cars. We would usually meet at Native and have a few wings then chill in the parking lot B.Sing for a while.

What do you guys think of my new mod?

I think it makes the car look a lot cleaner.

#30 ·
Look for a used on on Ebay. They gotta be out there somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.