Focus Fanatics Forum banner

buying an svt focus

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Mystic544 
#1 ·
Ok well currently I own a 2007 focus sedan that I did a trans swap on but am running into other issues so I am looking into buying an 04' svt focus so I can park my sedan until I can really get it fixed and get it to where I want it. Also just need a second vehicle while i fix everything. I found one with 126k miles on it and it looks clean but what should I be worried about if I were to buy it with this many miles? I have not test drove it yet though.

#3 ·
I would be mostly worried about the timing belt. If it hasn't already been done, that's quite a bit of miles to be running on the original one.

If you're talking about the 5-door CD silver model, it has been sitting at that lot for a really long time, I believe a couple of months now. Haven't checked it out personally so I don't know if something is wrong with it, or if the stealership is asking too much. Who knows. Good luck on your search!

#4 ·
If you are referring about the one at the gonzales buy here pay here you would be correct. I went there after work and they are asking 1,500 down but asking 8,500 for it. It is no where near the true value of these cars. I priced the kelley blue book and in pristine condition the retail is 6,900. However this one is far from it. It needa cosmetic work like a new front bumper drivers side fender passenger door needs to be repainted but I think the whole door was replaced at some point and just had a really bad paint job on it to where the original color of the door is showing through the silver. But really I would only offer 3k tops because it the whole car needs to be cosmetically fixed and repainted.

#7 ·
I have not had anytime to do anything. Work is eccompasing my life right now, I mean I have no life, cant complain though, I want to install the TB though so let me know when your available man, I can stop by and get us sum drinks if you want. on me! lemme know.

#8 ·
Well I will not be able to do anything for couple weeks. Right now my car is in the shop. I am replacing the transmission that I just swapped into the car. From what the shop told me he said it sounds like the shifter rail that controls the shifter forks probably either is bent and is jammed up in the transmission or it broke in half. I say in half because when you open the hood you can manually move the one part to shift it so that tells me its broke in half. Transmission broke on me as I pulled into work. Which sucks cause I live 30+ miles away from work.

#9 ·
just a FYI - I am thinking about selling my 03 SVT...just thinking about it at this point, but you are close and could check her out.
only 77K miles, lots of goodies & newer parts, for being 10 years old and a daily driver in overall very good condition - I don't see ones that look better unless I'm at a show ;) That being said, she would beon the higher $ side....

#10 ·
Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I have lost hours at my primary job and was payed off at my seasonal job. So I do not have the money at this time. Had to catch up on other unexpected bills. In the next few months I will be back on the look out for one. I am getting two new jobs and one I will be getting overtime every week so I will then have the money. Would like to take one for a drive before I look at buying one. The one I did look at looked like it had some questionable things with the car. One being is that you can feel it vibrate inside the car at idle with factory engine mounts.

#12 ·
"...So I do not have the money at this time" I totally understand
Don't think I am 100% ready to let her go this second anyway (unless the $'s were right lol)
I'm around - you can give her a look when ever ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.