Anyone from OKC? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: AR, LA, MS, OK

Fanatics: AR, LA, MS, OK Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Oklahoma areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25383
What I Drive: 2005 Infra-Red ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 2POINT3ESSTEE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone from OKC?

Lookin for enthusiasts from the OKC area. Tired of bein the only guy in my group that owns a Focus.

Mods: 'Stealth' CAI
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 31665
What I Drive: 2003 infrared SVT 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 QtrFlsh Good Standing Member
Hey, 2POINT3ESSTEE...
I am in Edmond-have an 03 SVT 5 door, also infra-red. Some mods under the hood front rotors-nothing too crazy!! Have you been here long?? There are a few other focus guys around here that are pretty cool. What crowd have you been hanging with that makes you want to get in with other focus'?? The SVT owners assn is having a track day next weekend (20th) at the sherrifs training track. There should be a handfull of focus there. you should try to come out and drive/hang out with us and other SVT drivers..its lots of fun!!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Hey Kyle,

Alex from Mustang here reporting in. There are some focus enthusiasts around OKC, but it's hard getting them all together sometimes. Where do you normally hang out when you're with your friends?

I'll be out at the track day at the Sheriff's Training Center. You should come out and try it or at least come spectate and meet some new people.

www.svtoaok.com

You can also find Mike (SteelRain) and me at all the OKSCCA autocrosses. We'd love to see more support for the focus out at the events and make some new friends.

www.okscca.org

Just let us know what you'll be up to, and we'll keep you posted on the stuff we're doing.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 05-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

I haven't really gone to the tracks or anyhting. Mostly just up to 39th St or 12th St in Moore. I used to go up to Cable VW on 39th all the time with my F250 1) because I used to know some guys with trucks 2) because my buddy had a GTI and used to work at Cable VW. Now he moved and I bought a Focus and of course all my truck friends think I'm stupid. But I laugh at them at the gas pump....

So wen is the track day? I checked out the website. Is it the 20th?

Anyone going to be out at 39th or anything next weekend?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Oni
Oh yeah!

I don't normally go down 39th too often. Too many kids in cars with too many egos. After being chased down by someone in a raised Chevy and having cars swarming around me at illegal speeds continually, I decided I'm better off hanging out elsewhere. However, I was out there on my bike last night before it got crowded looking for some fellow riders. Turns out there are a lot of kids with egos on those too.

The SVT lapping day is Saturday May 20th - this coming Saturday. If you need directions or anything you can give me call (I'll PM you my number). I shouldn't really call it a "track," but it is a closed course. It'll be a blast anyway especially when pushing the car.

I'm more than willing to meet some new focus owners, so I'd be willing to go up to 39th or where ever sometime for it. Just let me know.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, that's another reason I don't go up to 39th very much anymore. I'll come out there to the track but I'm not going to run. Just lookin for stuff to do with other Focus owners.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

I jus found a buddy to come up there withme but unfortunately he drives a Dodge Stealth TT. Hopefully you guys won't be mad?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 PM   #8
Oni
Oh yeah!

Red with black stripes and black wheels? I think the SVT association welcomes all cars, and I know at the lapping day they're having, anyone is welcome to participate regardless of car. The Porsche Club is having an autocross at the same location the very next day - Sunday, May 21st. If you like what you see, you might try autocrossing with the Porsche Club. Cheap and fun as hell!

Just so you know, the lapping day is also an instruction day. So, if you would like an instructor and some behind the wheel practice, the lapping day with the SVT club this Saturday would be a great way to get your feet wet.

And, if you come out to the autocross the following weekend (May 28th) at Remington Park, you're more than welcome to ride with me on some of my runs.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 05-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Sweet. My fiancee gets back a few days before the 28th so I'll have to try to talk her into it. And yeah, thats my buddy Tom in the Stealth. Pretty nice car....for a Dodge....or Mitsubishi....or whatever it is lol.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

So what does lapping day consist of exactly?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.