soc swap to doc!!! help please - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90279
What I Drive: 2000 green lx

FF Reputation: 1 cj hallmark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
soc swap to doc!!! help please

i have a 2000 focus that i want to put a 2.0l doc engine in.has anyone out there that have done this. thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
use the search button.. been done sooooo many times... you need the wiring harness, and ecm, along with exhaust flexpipes.. being the same year car is a more direct swap..
Old 09-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90279
What I Drive: 2000 green lx

FF Reputation: 1 cj hallmark Good Standing Member
help help has anyone done this thanks.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68858
What I Drive: 05 Dark Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 KUEHN8898 Good Standing Member
Just finished mine lastnight. you have to get the harness and computer from a focus year between 00 and early 02. you can look at the plug in for computer and tell the difference between them the one you need is one big plug. that harness goes from the fuel pump all the way down passenger side of car to the engine bay. it goed under passenger seat to shifter so youll have to pull out center consoul. also you need the oxygen sensor/trans harness. plugs right into top of trany back side of trany, both o2 sensors, crank position sensor, and power steering pump. you need the high pressure power steering line that runs across top of exhaust manifold. throttle cable, cruise control cable if you have it. alternator power steering pump ac compressor the ac lines, passenger motor mount both peices,both heater core hoses (maybe just the one i cant remember, vacume lines that come out of the intake on backside, flex pipe for exhaust. Also tey and get the key to car you take computer from. zip tie it under steering columb next to lock cylinder and get a plain key cut of your old one. thats all i did and it works fine otherwise you gotta pay like 100 bucks for key reprogram, and an engine obviously, and NO you dont need the trany from the zetec they are 110% exactly the same i researched and i used my SPI trans with zetec with zero issues (BUT IT MUST BE AUTO TO AUTO SWAP IF YOU DO MANUAL TO AUTO YOU GOTTA CHANGE CRANK POSITION SENSORS, i think thats everyhing. its time consuming and you need more than basic car knowledge i didnt have much time so it took me month an a half doing it on a couple weekends when i had time.
05 Focus ZX4 Duratec
06 Ford Fivehundred limited
Old 09-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90288
What I Drive: 2002 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 vermilye Good Standing Member
The gear ratio in the auto trans is different between the SPI & Zetec. If you use the SPI trans on the Zetec, you may want to have the SPI trans gear ratio programmed into the Zetec PCM
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68858
What I Drive: 05 Dark Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 KUEHN8898 Good Standing Member
Well I used my spi trany and have no problems and my cousin works at oriellys we looked them both up and part numbers are same ford says same thing. Maybe newer spi an zetecs are diff but mines an 01 and they are EXACTLY the same
05 Focus ZX4 Duratec
06 Ford Fivehundred limited

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.