Focus Fanatics Forum banner

help, turbo build questions!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I've decided its time to start building the other motor I have (2.0 zetec same as a I have now) for my 2000 zx3. I've been over numerous possibilities and have decided that I still need some advice and help from those of you that know, so here goes.

original plan: turbo kit

second plan: port and polished head and turbo kit

Then I decided to look into some things and after a year or so, I've come to learn more and more about motors and various parts and so my plan changed again...

third plan: cams, cam gears, pistons, rods, port and polished aluminum head, turbo kit.

after reading some FI threads and such I've come up with this:
exnay'ed the cams (cost vs. gains not worth it)
exnay'ed the cam gears (no performance gains)
exnay'ed pistons (just for now, no need atm)
exnay'ed rods (again, no need atm)

fourth plan: port and polished aluminum head, turbo kit

of course, with adding FI to my focus I know I'll be adding bigger injectors, and I'll be upgrading the fuel system but my questions are:

an aluminum head, what gains will I be seeing with this, should I go this route or go with an SVT head? I have no idea which would be better for boost or if it would affect it that much either way.

the car IS MY DAILY DRIVER also, which is also another concern of mine, I don't want to run high boost because I don't want THAT much extra stress on my DD...

So everyone, just hit me with your best shot, I'm very open to every and any advice, suggestions, and facts you all have and I'm looking forward to reading your posts to help make my car a very nice, strong motor.

Thanks guys!

oh, and I'm wanting at LEAST 250hp, I'm hoping to get to the 300hp mark but could I do that running a safe PSI?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.