So I Have Been Thinking lately... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
So I Have Been Thinking lately...

What would be involved in putting a 2.3 litre Dura motor into my svt? I have few peices left to purchase/have made for my turbo kit and was just thinking about how much better the dura platform is for boosting. Ill have more displacement, a better flowing head, better final tq curve, etc. What do you guys think? Would it be bad or no?? I mean i think that everything is pretty much the same minus the passanger mount so that would have to be fabbed up but other than that i dont see how fitting the thing in would actually be a big deal. My main concern is with the pcm side of things..Let me know if you have any detail or what not on this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
other than that i dont see how fitting the thing in would actually be a big deal.
^^^Transmission. Different bell housing bolt patterns.
Course, if you're swapping wiring/ECU, that'd be a good time/reason to swap in the MTX-75 as well.

Why not just stroke (2.3L) your block that's already in the car??

And...does the Duratec head flow better than the SVT head??
Zetec, yes, but SVT??
Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

I am almost positive it does...with work. I remember seeing a FJer with a d23 and had no MAJOR headwork done pushing like 300hp/tq on 10ish psi. He had 9to1 comp ratio. I wonder if it would be cheaper to just stroke mine and do some head work?? Maybe tom could give his input on this. Also if the SVT could ever have the tq possiblities of the 2.3 Dura motor?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
FF's Quadriplegic!

Fan#: 13465
What I Drive: 2.3 ATX-RSVT

Points 10,174, Level 67
Points: 10,174, Level: 67 Points: 10,174, Level: 67 Points: 10,174, Level: 67
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 Rudel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Beleive it or not, te stock Duratec vs the Stock SVT Zetec has better Torque at a lower HP. If are really serious about doinga swap, then I suggest doing a 2.4 or 2.6 stroke as well.

Part III: Install Handicap Driving Controls
Ma Cah: http://imgur.com/a/TuyYL
Old 12-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

can i get the svt head to flow better than a duratec head though? The main reason i want to do this is for the increased flow for the turbo. Also would .20 over pistons in my block make my car a 2.1??

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.