2012 focus hatchback exhaust - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 285017
What I Drive: 2012 Red Focus Hatchback

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Logie_T Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 focus hatchback exhaust

Hello everyone-
I'm certain this has been brought up before, but it's late and I'm tired so I'm just going to start a new topic. I am picking up my first focus next week and I'm really excited!
If it were a perfect world, I would have gotten a new mustang GT but it's just not in the cards... Or the funds. I'd like to get as much performance out of my new car as I can.
With that being said, I really do not want a loud exhaust. I'm way more into performance than sound, and realistically, being a V8 muscle kinda guy, I'm not sure I'd be into making a 4 cylinder loud.
I plan on getting a CAI and whatever other easy mods to suck out as much power as possible. I know it's not a race car but I want to make it fun to drive.
Which exhaust system will best fit my needs? What other modifications do you recommend?

Thanks!
Logan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
Elder

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 22,650, Level 93
Points: 22,650, Level: 93 Points: 22,650, Level: 93 Points: 22,650, Level: 93
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 112 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Short of a full replacement exh. changes are more for sound than performance.

Read up on the snorkel delete/drop in filter for the cheapest functional intake improvement, it also has the rep. for the best improvement in local driving (SRI's look better, help is mainly on the hwy.)

Get a "tune" for improved engine performance & trans. performance if an automatic type. Stickies on that up top as well for a start on info..
Truth in Ruin likes this.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 01-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 224738
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE Hatch 201A Flex-Fuel

Points 1,247, Level 19
Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19 Points: 1,247, Level: 19
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%
FF Reputation: 2 Truth in Ruin Good Standing Member
I like my exhaust a lot, but from a performance standpoint, it's a weak power upgrade for the money. If you're looking for more power- get a custom tune for 91, or higher, and add a header.
Snorkel Delete / AEM Drop-in / MagnaFlow (#15072) Cat-Back / FSWERKS Rear Motor Mount Insert / Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
#becauseracecar

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Hatchback SE RR DCT "Fiona"

Points 13,302, Level 75
Points: 13,302, Level: 75 Points: 13,302, Level: 75 Points: 13,302, Level: 75
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%
FF Reputation: 12 Jburks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
if you don't want to go crazy loud then maybe look at the stealth exhaust from Fswerks. it's a 2.5in mandrel bent so you will see a power increase while not being to loud. definitely get a tune too. best mod I've done and you will notice the power increase. intake wise the drop in filter/snorkel delete will be the cheapest option. I believe the Steeda and K&N have shown the most power increase though.

Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Old 01-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 117379
What I Drive: 2013 SE Sedan & 2002 ZX3

Points 1,296, Level 19
Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19 Points: 1,296, Level: 19
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 2 schrodingersbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
I believe the Steeda and K&N have shown the most power increase though.
Most immediately felt above 3500rpm. The AEM has similar increases but more spread out across the band ;)
SR #316 - Daily Driven 2013 Focus SE Sedan 6spd DCT +fun things
Old 01-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus SE - 5sp

Points 3,844, Level 39
Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 3 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Super cheap, more sound, OEM looks, and stealthy: OEM 2nd gen MazdaSpeed3 exhaust.

Can be had for $100, $50 to install at Midas, $50 to have the rear valence cut at a body shop for a clean, custom, OEM look. 60mm or just over 2 1/4" piping: a good upgrade from the teensy stock system.

Pop off the rear lower valence, take the car with exhaust to a local shop or Midas or the like, they will need to cut the factory Focus midpipe just after the manifold, and ramp the piping up to the Mazda system's midpipe, then add one hanger to the passenger side of the axleback to work on the factory hangers. Very easy.

So easy in fact, that I'm looking at nice MS3 aftermarket exhaust now to go on my car for the future turbo installation. Just mate to the downpipe.

Jburks, FocusBlack15 and RedlineSE like this.
- Jody -
Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 284369
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE

Points 392, Level 7
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 RedlineSE Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Super cheap, more sound, OEM looks, and stealthy: OEM 2nd gen MazdaSpeed3 exhaust.

Can be had for $100, $50 to install at Midas, $50 to have the rear valence cut at a body shop for a clean, custom, OEM look. 60mm or just over 2 1/4" piping: a good upgrade from the teensy stock system.

Pop off the rear lower valence, take the car with exhaust to a local shop or Midas or the like, they will need to cut the factory Focus midpipe just after the manifold, and ramp the piping up to the Mazda system's midpipe, then add one hanger to the passenger side of the axleback to work on the factory hangers. Very easy.

So easy in fact, that I'm looking at nice MS3 aftermarket exhaust now to go on my car for the future turbo installation. Just mate to the downpipe.

I'm going to assume you mean $100 BEFORE the exhaust? If so, what does the stock system run? Can't seem to find a good OEM Mazda3 System page.

Looks awesome though, would like to do this to my sedan if possible. Very nice sneaky OEM look.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118643
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST

Points 32, Level 1
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 sai_iii Good Standing Member
Quote:

Looks awesome!
Old 01-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus SE - 5sp

Points 3,844, Level 39
Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 3 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSE View Post
I'm going to assume you mean $100 BEFORE the exhaust? If so, what does the stock system run? Can't seem to find a good OEM Mazda3 System page.

Looks awesome though, would like to do this to my sedan if possible. Very nice sneaky OEM look.
$100 for the midpipe and axleback, used takeoff from a MazdaSpeed3 owner that upgraded. They are on Craigslist in most cities quite often or just google or peruse the MS3 forums and see if one's available. Posting a WTB on them is not a bad idea.

Then probably $100 total to have it installed and rear apron trimmed to fit by their respective shops. $200 to get rid of the donkeydick turndown that the factory put on and have a nice clean OEM dual setup that will last forever is well worth it, IMO!
- Jody -
Old 01-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 284369
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE

Points 392, Level 7
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 RedlineSE Good Standing Member
Quote:
$100 for the midpipe and axleback, used takeoff from a MazdaSpeed3 owner that upgraded. They are on Craigslist in most cities quite often or just google or peruse the MS3 forums and see if one's available. Posting a WTB on them is not a bad idea.

Then probably $100 total to have it installed and rear apron trimmed to fit by their respective shops. $200 to get rid of the donkeydick turndown that the factory put on and have a nice clean OEM dual setup that will last forever is well worth it, IMO!
Ahhh, I see, well looks awesome dude. Love the slick OEM look on it, do you have any sound clips? I'd love to hear it.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.