Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rear Motor Mount

104K views 527 replies 91 participants last post by  20FocusDriver16 
#1 ·
I've been following a couple threads here and there that have been discussing rmm's in depth. I've been doing my own research as well. I don't know a whole lot about it but it seems to me that they all claim to do the same thing as the next. I'm looking for one that will stiffen things up with out rattling my teeth out. What reccomendations would you (FF members) suggest?

#5 ·
You can order a stock MS3 rmm at your local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40, also order the Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

#7 ·
#10 ·
I do have the e-Focus rmm and while it does reduce the NV. I do feel it may be getting a little sloppy. Gonna look at the powerflex insert to the stock plus the rear insert at the anchor point.

#17 ·
I've seen people talk about putting the MS3 mount in their car, but I see people all the time on Mazda sites talking about replacing their MS3 mount because it's the same as the regular 3.

Is the Focus RMM really that much weaker than the MS3? Are people actually getting better launch results with this?

#21 ·
Be careful with those double downshifts in the 5-speeds to pass someone. Ask me how I know :/

#24 ·
Stock rear mount sucks. I was in 4th at 2,000rpms...needed to pass quick so I threw it in 3rd which didn't get it moving enough so I took it down to second which got the rpms where they needed to be but also sent the motor smacking the firewall. Granted I wasn't being a grandpa on the clutch but lesson learned. I'll be replacing the mount with the electric focus mount in the next few weeks.

#27 ·
It's very possible. When it happens you'll know it since its a pretty noticeable nock.

#28 ·
woah that's crazy. That's just another reason to replace it. I just ordered a focus one, but have yet to install it. CM5Z-6068-A is the part #.

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/par...A&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214771
So $43.92, plus $10 or so for shipping. I emailed before to make sure it was the right part, but doing the same would not be harmful (and to get a shipping quote).

This was shipped to Jacksonville, FL.

EDIT: I just looked it up, $54.92 is what the charged with shipping.

#32 ·
I have the MS3 mount with the CorkSport insert. A bit of vibration off the line. But the instant response it give through the gears if well worth any dollar amount for an enjoyable smooth shifting ride!

#36 ·
I don't know the law in Canada, but unless it causes some other failure they probably are not even going to check to see if it is stock.

#38 ·
Ok you guys will have to excuse my ignorance. Im a motorcycle and atv guy so all of this doesnt make complete sense to me. I drive a stock"ish" 2013 Hatch se, what is the benefit of replacing the rear motor mounts for me? It seems to be a common "upgrade" but i cant figure out why exactly.

#39 ·
If you drive agressively there is a ton of wheel hop, and a lound bang on the 1-2 shift from the engine moving too much and hitting things. The RMM cuts down on both of those.

It's a great upgrade if you like to drive spirited from time to time, but if not it's probably not a big deal.

#40 ·
Haha , you sir have given me some primo info right there ! My atx fofo is sitting at the trans shop right now because i was convinced it had a trans problem , they called me today and said the trans is fine. So i figure my mounts must be toasted huh? Btw i am getting the " bang " you speak of when i drive " spirited ".

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk 2

#41 ·
ok makes a little more sense. Any one have a direct link to a site with a "kit" as it were for sale that would be a easy install? I like straight forward installs with out the "mod" aspect

#48 ·
Yes, the regular Mazda 3 mount has three windows in the rubber and isn't the one you want. the Speed 3 mount is the one I have.

You can order a stock MS3 rmm at your local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40, also order the Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9
That was for the Speed 3 mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.