Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rear Motor Mount

104K views 527 replies 91 participants last post by  20FocusDriver16 
#1 ·
I've been following a couple threads here and there that have been discussing rmm's in depth. I've been doing my own research as well. I don't know a whole lot about it but it seems to me that they all claim to do the same thing as the next. I'm looking for one that will stiffen things up with out rattling my teeth out. What reccomendations would you (FF members) suggest?

#513 ·
Loose bolts is not a smart idea.

There's another brand that comes with holes drilled into it, and pins to fill holes as desired for tuning stiffness (a few with the mount, more avail. separately).

(CFM?)

#515 ·
Yeah, but think about where you put them.

On the loaded side under acceleration wouldn't be the best idea. That could hasten breakdown of the poly bush to the point of a split requiring replacement.

If you really don't like your choice for the idle vibes, might consider selling it and using another type like the ERMM.

#517 ·
You will mess it up.....have you given the mount long enough to break in?

Reactions: Fabio0716
#523 ·
As far as I know, you would be a pioneer drilling the holes. Might work, might not. I would not have much confidence that it would not create other problems, and make it unlikely that you'd be able to sell it afterwards.

#524 ·
I still get some heavy vibes every now and then but the Cobb had some pretty rough ones by itself. If you're looking for a lot less vibes you'll definitely want the ERMM. I had that one and the ride was still really good with improved performance.

Reactions: Aberk25
#525 ·
a few quick questions before I place an order:

Does anybody know if Ford upgraded the stiffness of the RMM on the 2016 MK 3.5's or are they exactly the same as the older "soft & sloppy" ones?

Does the ERMM require a different size/length bolt(s) to install on a MK 3.5 or can you just re-use the hardware from the stock RMM?

Is the bolt torque setting still ~80 ft/# as previously mentioned somewhere in the thread?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.