Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Modified New Mission Modification

10K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  darkangelism 
#1 ·
Since I have DRL's in the lower two side grills I didn't want to drill more holes into the lower side grill. Also I wanted to be more stealthy.

I bought some 3" flexible tubing and did the regular new mission mod. I ran the tubing from the bottom of the airbox, to behind the passenger side grill. From there I ran the tubing across to the lower middle grill. The lower middle grill already has openings for the radiator. Since the tubing is black, it's completely invisible and no one is the wiser.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#5 ·
I drive a 1.6 so the sound is most likely slightly different. So far I'm quite happy with the sound. Not much of a difference while city driving. There's a nice gradual increase in growl as the revs increase. Quieter and smoother than removing the airbox lid. I'd say its just right.

Increase in performance? Meh, I have my doubts.

I'll upload a sound clip tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a good representation.

#7 ·
I used this bumper duct I found on amazon. It's way cheaper than the other similar ducts and worked perfect with the spectre intake duct, andthe angle was perfect. fit like a glove right in the area behind the grill location used for the new mission ram air mod.
http://www.amazon.com/BB7009-Plastic-Single-Bumper-Duct/dp/B005FGQLU2.
Perfect affordable solution. Let me know if anyone has a problem with the link.

#9 ·
I don't believe that would be worth considering. The vacuum present in the intake is enough to keep fresh air flowing at low speed. The fan would only serve to partially block the intake when higher volumes are required.

#12 ·
What are your CFMs like? Mine are way higher than any computer fan will generate 100CFM from a computer fan is good, I get 200+ at speed from obd data

#13 ·
Regardless of what CFM he's reading, if he's running the Injen, there will be virtually zero vacuum at the newmission tube at zero MPH. There would only be vacuum there if it were attached to a sealed box, e.g. the stock intake. However, I still think the fan would do very little to improve heat soak at low or zero speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.