Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?

68K views 375 replies 155 participants last post by  Slicknick 
#1 ·
Looking for Highway #s only and only for this specific engine please.

Please give the following info.....

- Year car
- Tranny type (Auto or Manual)
- Avg Speed
- Driving conditions (hills, flat land, varied)
and
- Any mods that may effect fuel economy.

#67 ·
Yup. I noticed a big enough difference between 87 and 91 to keep using 91. I used 87 for the first month and a half I had thr car. I got about 450km on a tank and I was averaging 9L/100km or so. Made the switch and now I get over 500km on a tank and about 7.5L/100km.

Sent from your mom's house.

#70 ·
I was (until my undertray/engine shield broke) getting about 43.5MPG on the highway doing 100KPH (60 mph) . This is with a 5spd manual. The manual really needs a 6th gear or a longer/taller overdrive gear.

The MPG with a taller overdrive gear would be much higher as it would allow for a higher speed@lower rpm.

Make absolutely no sense when EPA and CAFE requirements are screaming for higher fuel economy.

#72 ·
I just drove down to LA yesterday with 4 people in the car and the trunk full. I drove about 70 mph sometimes 75 and just barely got 40 mpg, with a 5 spd! Maybe my cat back had a little to do with it. And i was running on 87. Very impressed with the car getting 5 mpg over what was rated with a very full car.

#77 ·
I recently took a trip and had 800 miles on the car when I left. The first tank was all at 75MPH mainly with the cruise on and fairly hilly, 32MPG. Second tank mostly 55-65MPH 38MPG, most of this tank it was flat and 60MPH. Last tank 30-45MPH on icy roads for 200 miles and got 43MPG, great milage but not easy on the mind. Around town I've averaged right at 30MPG with a high of 32 and low of 28.

#84 ·
I used 91 this time, going between 75 to 80 mph for about 150 miles, i was getting 32.5, which i find amazing :) With a head wind... its been super windy the last few weeks with this cold weather.

#93 ·
From Goldsboro to Chesapeake this past weekend I got 39.8 mpg with 10% Ethanol going 70-80 mph the whole way with ~15 miles/45 minutes of stop and go traffic jam.

2012 S Model
Snorkel Delete, K&N Drop-In Filter, Tires at 50 PSI. I did a little drafting here and there but I don't know how much of a difference it really made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.