Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2.25" exhaust

10K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  Sean05 
#1 ·
I am reaching out to anybody who has a 2.25" exhaust. I keep seeing the FLOWMASTER® - Force II™ Cat-Back Exhaust System - Single Rear Exit
for a much cheaper price than others. I understand the debate about 2.25" vs. 2.5". Just wanting to hear from somebody with real world experience with a 2.25". Good, bad, indifferent.

#9 ·
If you want absolutely no drone at cruise speed look at the Dynomax VT muffler. I have one on my car and it sounds decent when you romp on it but virtually quiet at cruise. I am however having mine replaced under warranty at the moment because the little flapper in it developed a slight buzz rattle at idle. They are sending me a replacement and I'll give it one more chance before switching to a different brand. I really want this one to work because it is loud when I want it and silent when I don't.

#12 ·
If you are wondering what the FSWerks Race Exhaust sounds like. We can meet up somewhere sometime and you can hear mine

#15 ·
I haven't heard flows sound good on anything other than a pushrod v8 and the flow like crap. Also take into consideration that they aren't stainless and they rust bad. I bought my mustang with 32k on it and it had flows welded in before that and the backs of them had rusted through.

#16 ·
Probably not such a big deal for you since you're in Texas, but living in New England, I will never buy anything but stainless steel for exhaust systems; I want something that will LAST. I agree with Flows sounding good on bigger engines, not really sure how it will sound on a 2.0. Just wait a little longer, save another $180 and get the Magnaflow-you won't be disappointed. Mine probably would have waited if I hadn't gotten such a screaming deal on it from Meattooth.

#30 ·
I live in east Texas and I have seen several flowmasters rusted out. If you want chambered go thrush, same basic design half the price, you will replace it in a couple years because it will be rusted out. I have just about made up my mind on a stainless steel magnaflow.

#17 ·
I placed my order for the FS Werks Stealth today. I called and they said it usually take 4 days to get to Texas. Sooo hopefully I can install this weekend. Did the STS bracket last weekend and that is a great compliment to the car. Then see about the suspension. I will wait and see how the Ford Racing suspension package reviews with others before pulling that trigger. Thanks again the the Fanatics community for the inputs.[ffrocks]

#18 ·
I think you are going to be happy with it. Its a nice power boost and it will be even more fun to row through the gears. 4 Days sounds about the same time as it took to get mine. Its pretty heavy, long box.

#20 ·
UPS did deliver. I don't think it required a signature, I say that because the front desk of my apartment complex took the package.

#23 ·
Five bolts... Helps if you have a pneumatic impact gun to break the big bolt running through the center of the RMM but a good breaker bar would work. Maybe 20 minutes or so. I would recommend getting the Mazda bolt.

#24 ·
Sweet mandrel bent plumbing is in Dallas and gona be here tomorrow. Got the day off to take the lil one to school and then its the waiting game for the UPS driver. Please baby Jesus let it be dropped off at 8am so I can get right to it and drive my baby around.

#27 ·
That's right, sorry man... I'm at work and just posting as I find time. I feel your excitement...

My exhaust will finally be in on Tuesday!!!

#28 ·
So UPS guy shows up on monday and I had already had the stock piping cut out and laying on the floor. I was hoping he would not miss the delivery. Install went smooth, took me and my brother about and hour and it was in and lined up nicely. I must say when it is cooler out the tone is much sweeter than normal daytime temps. Overall I am pleased with the sound and the improved response. I am taking a trip to Nebraska(Go Big Red) from Texas in 2 weeks, will get a chance to compare mileage vs stock exhaust. Top quality product that exceeds my expectations and I am picky. Way to go FS Werks. Once I can get the video off my phone I will put something up.

At Sonic, sweet idea on the RACECAR exhaust exit on your ride, looks the business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.