Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Trying to decide

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  _RED_ 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide which CAI to get.

Steeda, K&N, or FSwerks.

I'm shooting for more performance, which of those gives you most HP/TQ?

#2 ·
Honestly, I'd go Steeda at this point. Don't get me wrong (and I hope Troy isn't reading this...) I LOVE my K&N, but right now, the quality isn't as good as Steeda's.

As far as HP/TQ, I can't help you there...

#3 ·
I have the K&N CAI myself. Here is a thread that members, including myself, have dyno'd their Focus with the various intakes. Personally, I think the K&N or Steeda offer the best CAI out there for our Focus

Here is the Dyno thread

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290655

#5 ·
From all of them, I am most interested about the one from K&N (especially because they say would support the owner if Ford would try to deny the warranty because of using it). BUT, for now I refrane myself till they fix the problems mentionned by wantz12. Hopefully, they are going to do it sooner than later.

#8 ·
For bolt-in performance, I say Steeda based on the current issues with the K&N kit. Both are nearly equal in output, though.

For overall driving, I vote ZX3Matt's set up. I will be dynoing this setup.at the end of summer (too hot here), and I believe that we will see numbers that not only mirror the name brands, but also provide a minimal ram-effect when driving at speed. Considering how our cars are generally driven, I see it as a best of both worlds setup.

Though you lose the aesthetics and some of the sound and you have to be mechanically inclined...

#13 ·
Steeda works directly with Ford, their intake is based off of cad data Ford provided them. Also you have Steeda serialized cars with the Steeda intake I would not worry about warranty with it. I've had mine for going on two months and could not be happier .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.