Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Installed my FSWERKS intake

45K views 114 replies 49 participants last post by  darkangelism 
#1 ·
Wow its like a whole new car, its alot louder so dont be surprised. But for me the loud is good, any comments from any others with the intake?

#2 ·
Yeah a couple others have the fswerks intake, the intake really wakes this motor up!

Also this thread is worthless with out pics :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
They should sound similar, but I haven't met any other 3rd Gen owners who have modded their cars yet. But I don't see them sounding radically different though.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
Does it sound like what the factory airbox with the top off sounds like? I assume you might have tried that once? .. hopefully. I HATED the part throttle MOAN. do you get that too with the fswerks?

#12 ·
I can't comment I loved the way that the intake sounds moan and all. I just wanted a quite exhaust lol

#20 ·
How much it run you? This is my next mod I'm putting into my car as I decided today I love the sound of the exhaust already, just want a little more power and roar at a good price.

Seems like a good plan.

I see it sells for $179USD on the website. That pretty much as good as it gets? Not complaining, it's a good price, just curious.

#24 ·
The FSWERKS looks to be pretty simple when compared to the Steeda or K&N. I've gotten the K&N to a few mins taking on and putting it back LOL

#27 ·
I am more and more interested about the FSWerks exhaust (stealth one). I understand that it has some drone when driving at highway speeds though. I know the user that answered to me here is also activ in this forum. I am still on the fence and looking for a good shop to do the work (because I have no skills and no space and tools to do it myself [confused]).

#29 ·
I agree, but FF is not a race car literally, IMO. It is a great car that has a lot of potential to grow its power with only bolts on it. Having a FF louder than a Mustang is not my dream (or growling like a VRX). For me, whatever car without a turbo or a V6 at least is not a "racecar".

[cheers]

#31 ·
Installed mine today. I'm a total noob when it comes to a lot of this, so it took me about 30 minutes because I wanted to make sure I did it 100% the first time.

Honestly though, all you need is a flat head, a ratchet set and maybe pliers.

The good: It looks great, is easy to install, and at $180USD +Tax/Shipping it's a bargain compared to other intakes. It sounds awesome/ Honestly reminds me of my buddies WRX which I wasn't aiming for, but I'll gladly take. (No, it does NOT sound like a WRX, just similar, hard to explain.)

The bad: I've got one word for you. Drone. On flat, you really don't get it. On hills however, especially anything remotely steep, you're gonna have a drone. Now, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I could see it being a big put-off for some people. On the plus side, the drone at least sounds good and you feel like you're in a race car.

Very satisfied, and can't wait for my next mod now, the big one, wheels. =D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.