Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MS3 & MK2 parts that fit the MK3 Focus

67K views 92 replies 45 participants last post by  BackInBlk24 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I would start this thread and maybe it will become a sticky.

1. 2007-2012 MS3 rear motor mount (OEM or aftermarket. Helps with wheel-hop and provides a more "connected" feel between the chassis and drivetrain. Better shifts as well.). You can order at local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40

1.5) Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9

2. 2007-2012 MS3 springs (2010-2012 recommended). Excellent results, but if you want an even front to rear ride height, you should cut 1/2 to 1 coil from the bottom of the front springs.

3. MK2 headers such as F2 and FSwerks fit with out issue, just get the longer flex pipe when ordering.

4. 2010+ MS3 struts (with modification) and rear shocks. See this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291074

As we add parts, I will add to the list. I know that amoosenamedhank is working on putting MS3 swaybars on the MK3 Focus as well...

See less See more
#85 ·
I put in my SU (Street Unit) MS3 mount over the weekend. Way more buzzy than my MS3 was with the same mount. The interior in the Focus is for sure cheaper quality than the MS3, where as the MS3 had a slight buzz at around 1,000 RPM, the Focus dash COMES ALIVE and actually moves for a moment. Once out of the low RPM load everything calms down quite a bit, but dang!!!

There are some improvements to be had on the passenger's side mount for sure too. I put up a comparison shot of the stock SE Focus mount vs a stock MS3 mount. The MS3 mount is stiffer, larger, and has larger cushion pads on the sides. I'm going to perform some slight modifications to limit side to side movement a little more (a trick I learned on my old MS3 back before aftermarket mounts were out for them). I'll document everything in my build thread here.

I had the car up on ramps too and laid out my MS3 exhaust pieces under the car and everything *should* line up. I didn't get pictures of that since I was in a hurry. Hopefully I can do the exhaust in about 2 months when my new house is ready. (pics of my home renovation will be posted in off topic forum if we have one).

#86 ·
A friend of mine locally is upgrading the exhaust on his 2nd gen MS3 (2012). I'll be getting this from him to see how it works on my hatch. It sounds fairly burbley on his car, I can hear him pull up from inside my home. Should be pretty throaty on an N/A car.

#87 ·
Yeah the dual rear outlets on the second gens can get a bit loud without cats on MS3's, let alone on a NA car with no turbo to knock the noise down. On the first gen cars the single outlet is pretty quiet without cats until you go WOT, so I'm hoping I don't have to add another resonator or larger muffler on my Focus.

#91 ·
Do MS3 upper strut bars fit a 12 Focus? Don't think I saw anything mentioning that part on this thread.. please correct me if in wrong.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#92 ·
3. MK2 headers such as F2 and FSwerks fit with out issue, just get the longer flex pipe when ordering.
curiostity has gotten to me. i saw someone slo86gt? did a ms3 exhaust on his se mk3. my question is would a mk2 exhaust work(assuming its from the Duratec motor)

i found a cheap DNA monitoring catback exhaust. tempted to scoop to have a shop slap it together, but was wondering if anyone could just shoot that down for me