Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus

102K views 454 replies 80 participants last post by  Gennylight13 
#1 · (Edited)
Did some measuring and since Im going to the dyno soon I want to get rid of the engine travel. Most know im running longtubes 2.5" borla and AEM CAI.

I enjoy testing things and seeing what fits these cars. Hopefully this makes other companies confirm these parts and start selling them.

Still waiting for fswerks to test fit their header since I showed them it fits.

Oh yes Not to shabby! I must say Im starting to Think I know my shit when it comes to these cars LOL [thankyou]

See less See more
#381 ·
I am very interested in the Electric RMM. Glad I found out that CFM is just reselling the part for more $$$.

Has anyone tried both the electric RMM and the MS3 RMM? Is it work the extra $15-20 for the electric RMM?

#382 ·
Albarry tried the CFM mount, he's ditched it for the Steeda... Unfortunately he never had the MS3. As far as I know no one has directly compared MS3 & Electric/CFM. The nice thing about the MS3 is the price and availability of inserts to be able to tune it more to your liking. To each his own though.

#383 ·
The electric RMM to be honest it is the nearest thing to stock look you can find at a reasonable price. My initial feedback was that right off the bat the rough idle was gone. Since I have the DCT Titanium the benefits of the new mount is just less engine movement at hard acceleration. I know you can research the part and find it for less. I would recommend this for people who use the FF as a DD and who want to save some money over the big name offerings. I also experienced less wheel hop on corner acceleration too.

#402 ·
So i have literally went through every single page to make sure that i am not asking a question that has been asked already.

I keep reading about people using the ms3 rmm, and how great it is. I also read about people using inserts to "fine tune" the rmm. I, however, did not see any pictures of a ms3 rmm with these inserts. I am interested in this, and want to see what is being spoken of and where i would get these inserts prior to committing to a purchase.

My car is a DD, but coming from a 2011 5.0 to this, i am trying to make the car a bit sportier. If not i will just order the efocus rmm.

And hi, this is my 2nd post evar!!

#405 ·
I picked up the motor mount today with the screw that i ordered from the dealership. It cost less than 50 bucks for all of it. It is super cold outside today, so i am not sure if i will put it on today. We shall see.

#406 ·
I have an idea of how to make a "quality" solid mount with a durameter of 87. Before i start to make them i would like to see if there would be any interest in them or how much people are willing to pay. THERE WILL BE NO MODS TO THE CAR FOR MY IDEA TO WORK.

#407 ·
That's cool what do you think the cost would be. I just bought a Focus electric mount for about 45 dollars. You would have to be right around that price to compete unless it's different in the stiffness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.