Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus

102K views 454 replies 80 participants last post by  Gennylight13 
#1 · (Edited)
Did some measuring and since Im going to the dyno soon I want to get rid of the engine travel. Most know im running longtubes 2.5" borla and AEM CAI.

I enjoy testing things and seeing what fits these cars. Hopefully this makes other companies confirm these parts and start selling them.

Still waiting for fswerks to test fit their header since I showed them it fits.

Oh yes Not to shabby! I must say Im starting to Think I know my shit when it comes to these cars LOL [thankyou]

See less See more
#211 ·
As would I, but I'm going for what I can right now.

Speaking of which I might email SCT and see what they are up too with the tuning been a few months since I've been to their shop

#213 ·
I think all my finds on this 2012 is really changing the focus scene. Glad to be of help turning you all into even crazier gear heads.

#215 ·
I just ordered my speed3 motor mount and bolts from Browning Mazda, and they'll be there in the morning. I'm also going to order the Corksport inserts today.

I mainly wanted to take a second to especially thank amoosenamedhank, REDFOCZ, FocusBoy58, zx3matt, and andcool69 for the time and money they've spent working on this, and posting their results! It made deciding which way to go MUCH easier.

#217 ·
Getting mine tomorrow and I'll be at an AutoX event Saturday, I'll see how much I gained of it. Went with stock MS3 for now, I'll upgrade the bushing if I feel the need of it.!

#218 ·
All I did was find the part number, thank focus boy for trying the ms3 mount and zx3matt for trying the stock ms3 mount.

But glad to see that it all helped either way haha

#219 ·
Finally got my mount installed. Best 50 bucks (mount and bolt) I ever spent on a car. You know it's there as soon as you let the clutch out. No vibrations, just a more connected feel and finally no "engine wrap" feeling. Whew... car is so much more like it should have been from the factory.

#220 ·
Put my corksport inserts in over the weekend. Now I actually feel a vibration at idle. It has already started to go away as it breaks in. I like this feel of it slightly better. I will let it break in some more and then decide if I am keeping them!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#221 ·
Do you feel a vibration between 900 - 1200 rpm? I installed a StreetUnit billet aluminum MS3 mount on my Focus, and even after over a week, the vibration at those rpm hurt my teeth. I just got my stock MS3 mount today, hope to install it this afternoon, and of course I'm already thinking about an insert.

#224 ·
I think the stock MS3 mount is just fine, even with my current set up. I have had stiff mounts in my old focus and ION and sitting there with the car vibrating enough to make you think you have seat massage's is only cool for so long lol

#226 ·
Vibrations I can handle. My SpecV had Energy Suspension inserts in every mount, and it wasn't that bad. But the SU mount I had literally shook the rear hatch shelf off of its pivots. It made CDs skip! The guys I work with thought I was just being a wuss, until I let one of them drive it. Then they understood. I hope to get my MS3 mount put in today.

#229 ·
Haha wow yea it is no where near that level! That is insane! You will be happy with the stock one, no vibrations at all, and only slight ones with the corksport inserts.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#234 ·
I'm thinking this might be a good mod to do on my Focus. Anything to increase feel, rigidity and response is good in my book. Where can I get the stock MS3 ones everyone's on about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.