Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus

102K views 454 replies 80 participants last post by  Gennylight13 
#1 · (Edited)
Did some measuring and since Im going to the dyno soon I want to get rid of the engine travel. Most know im running longtubes 2.5" borla and AEM CAI.

I enjoy testing things and seeing what fits these cars. Hopefully this makes other companies confirm these parts and start selling them.

Still waiting for fswerks to test fit their header since I showed them it fits.

Oh yes Not to shabby! I must say Im starting to Think I know my shit when it comes to these cars LOL [thankyou]

See less See more
#68 ·
The aftermarket replacements are a regular 3 mount from what I have seen. The regular 3 has 3 open areas in he rubber. The MS3 has 2. They are selling the wrong mount.

I got a factory Mazda MS3 mount. 2011 model. Any year should work just fine. This one looks just like the one I had on my 2008 model.

#73 ·
My last car was a MS6 so I'm pretty familiar with the entire platform as well. I'm thinking there could be all sorts of carry over items.... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Beings that the inserts are like $35 and I'm pretty sure I can con someone into giving me their stock rmm on msf.org.... I might be giving that a try.

#79 ·
I'm really having some heart burn over whether I want to go with a OEM MS3 mount with CS inserts or an aftermarket RMM.

I had a 75 DURO RMM on my MS6 and over time it started to loosen up and obviously the difference over stock became less noticeable. I'm just worried that if you start with less noticeable... as the inserts break in, you're basically going to be back to no change over OEM.

#100 ·
Anyone tried filling the stock mount with urethane? Back in my SHO days, there were no aftermarket mounts, we all used to make our own mounts out of stockers with urethane.

Matt, would you part with your stock mount?

#105 ·
So I just got the MS3 RMM with the corksport inserts installed. So far I'm loving it, however I will say the vibes will probably be more than most of the 'mpg junkies' on this site can handle.

The car goes into gear smoother, the car takes off smoother (less the vibes) and the car shifts a hell of a lot smoother. You just feel more connected to the car.

The idle vibes aren't really noticeable... it's just during your initial clutch release things get a little shaky. I'm sure it will die down as the mount breaks in.

#110 ·
I would be interested to see if this gave you any drop... I know you're looking for the spring rate... but regardless of the rates I would neat at least a .5" drop to go through the hassle. I'm also eyeing things like aluminum shifter bushings and other random crap.

#114 ·
Agreed.

I started doing some research to see whether MZ3/MS3 and Volvo C30 dampers would fit our cars, but I'm currently sidelined with a wrist injury and unable to work on my car and take measurements to see what will fit.

With the rear shocks, there seems to be a difference in the lower mounting bolt and it's size, depending on the year of the MZ3/MS3.

Here are Koni part numbers for the aformentioned vehicles:
MZ3 ('09)
Front: 8741-1487LSport & RSport
Rear: 8040-1350Sport

MZ3 ('10+)
Front: 8741-1487LSport & RSport
Rear: 8040-1351Sport

MS3 ('07-09)
Front: 8741-1490LSport & RSport
Rear: 8040-1354Sport

MS3 ('10-11)
Rear: 8040-1353Sport

C30 ('09+)
Rear: 8040-1351Sport (Same as '10+ MZ3)

Also, for critical strut measurements from a Koni C30 front strut, see here: http://c30world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=279343&postcount=24

We might want to start a new thread for this, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.