Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Steeda CAI Now Available

72K views 429 replies 68 participants last post by  Creative 
#1 ·
#2 ·
finally, now fswerks just needs to release the stealth exhaust, need to go get my car dynoed for stock and then again after the mods.

#4 ·
Wow, seeing the finished one is nice. While I was up at there shop I saw prototype one that had not been through powder coating or had the connection to the factory air scoops. Looking forward to getting this .

#7 ·
It will retain the factory intake tube, and replace the factory air box with the new MAF housing, filter, and heat shield [woot]

#10 ·
Main advantages will be better heat isolation compared to the stock box with the lid removed. And the biggest improvement is going to come from the new MAF housing, since it is billet and the inside is smooth compared to the stock housing means that once we get tuning in conjunction with the intake will have a lot better gains. Just with the intake you will avg between 6-8 whp. with a tune upwards of 9-13 whp maybe more.

And tuning should be much further out, SCT last I talked to them are able to connect to the ECM and make basic changes and save them, they have to work on definitions within their advantage software to be able to fully tune.

Also delta force tuning formally Sniper tuning is working on the ECM as well. (Any one who has tuned Chevy's with HPT will like them, very similar)

#103 ·
Also delta force tuning formally Sniper tuning is working on the ECM as well. (Any one who has tuned Chevy's with HPT will like them, very similar)
VERY good to know... I had a HyperTech in my '92 Chevy Caprice with a 5.7L V8... I got 23mpg combined in it, meaning I was probably getting at least upwards of 26mpg hwy. Before the chip I probably got 18mpg combined. Not only that, but I also got quicker launches and a much improved 0-60 time. Best money ever spent on a car for me. Everyone calls BS, but I have the gas records to prove it! :p I still wish I hadn't sold that car...
[?|]

#11 ·
i think its going to be a similar sound and performance upgrade as taking the lid off your stock air box and a high flow filter.

im sure the same crowd that chimes in on the taking your lid off your air box will ruin your MAF sensor will be chiming in here anytime...
just a side note ive been running my air box without the lid for a couple weeks now rain and snow, i drive about 70km a day (43 miles for you american types) and have had no issues on check engine lights, im getting around the same mileage as i was before.

#12 ·
Right there with ya, I drove with the airbox lid removed for a long time, logged a couple thousand miles that way, just pop on a K&N and it worked good. But now with Intakes coming out , such as Steeda's, Injen, and soon the Fswerks we have better options. But they may not be as cheap lol

#15 ·
i realize its shielding the heat but is it not still sucking air from all over the engine bay since there is minimal air coming in through the front to feed it.
redfox if you are able to ask them to explain how this design is getting its air that would be much appreciated.

#16 ·
It utilize's the stock intake tubes coming from the front of the car. Ford did a very good design with getting cole air to the stock air box, steeda keeps that with this intake.

#21 ·
Heres a good thread from this site, different year, but still good info.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263406&highlight=air+box+cover

its worth a read, some of the people on here need to take a read and do some research, CAI's are not going to deliver, ice cold air, but it will in fact reduce turbulence, and it provides a more direct root and eliminates muffling devices, made by the engineers to produce a quiet car that the "public" will like.

#19 ·
Development is done, parts are being made, should be up and ready for purchase in the next couple of weeks [thumb]

#23 ·
No thanks Its a great setup but I dont agree with them not changing that stock wrinkle piping... A CAI sells from AEM for that price. All new piping. I mean dont get me wrong its nice but it leaves alot to be wanted.

They should of spent the extra 20 bucks in piping to make that work.

Steedas intakes have always been to reserved unfortunately.

#24 ·
During their testing, replacing the stock intake tube yielded very little (next to nothing) vs the cost of having it added in. When I talked to the designer Chad, he said it just wasnt worth the added cost for the peace. They may add something done the road like they did with the fiesta intake, and have it as an optional item.

#28 ·
Warranty can no longer be "Void" they now have to say if the part that was damage was affected by the part you installed and they will say if your warranty will cover it.. But your warranty will not be void.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.