Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Performance recommendations?

7K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  vmaxbaby 
#1 ·
In the next few months parts will start coming out, but since I am new to owning a car I'd actually want improve I don't really know which companies to go with.
Where should I look for a CAI, air filter and exhaust system? And what stats will tell me what is good and what is not worth it?

#5 ·
I actually spoke to somebody at Ford Racing on the phone a few nights ago. They/He said they expect to have a few things available within the next three months or so. Namely Exhaust and Intake. He mentioned a few more small things but I can't recall.

I spoke to FSWerks as well, and they gave pretty much the same timeframe, and mentioned the same components.

Hope this helps :)

#6 ·
Just remember, depending on your dealer, installing aftermarket parts may void you warranty and they might refuse to fix your car should something go wrong with it. Therefore, if you install any performance upgrades, remove them before you take it in for service (exhaust is OK to leave on).

#9 ·
It has to be proven that the modification you made did the damage in question, before a warranty claim can be denied. And even then, it does not void the entire warranty in general, just the specific claim.

Read up on the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act if you'd like more details or have any further questions.

#21 ·
Usually the Ford Racing stuff will keep the warranty, unless they say otherwise. On one of the Mustang supercharger kits, it specificly notes the warranty is void if installed due to power increase. Most of the other stuff you are fine, but be sure to ask.

I have a stealth exhaust here, but cannot remove the second cat because the wife called the dealership and Ford. She was told the ENTIRE vehicle warranty would be void(total bullcrap to tell the truth), but the second cat back exhaust is fine to replace. I'm still pissed at her for calling..........the exhaust was delivered before I got home and she went nuts.

#23 ·
Borla is working on an exhaust right now for the 2012 focus. I would like exhaust, CAI, and tune to get better mileage and to have a better running car. This is my DD so not going to go crazy..I have a mustang for that :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.