Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What MPG are you getting on your Duratec?

• Under 20MPG

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • 20-22MPG

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • 22-24MPG

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 24-26MPG

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • 26-28MPG

Votes: 68 17.3%
  • 28-30MPG

Votes: 100 25.4%
  • 30+ MPG

Votes: 94 23.9%

Database What kind of MPG are you getting?

60K views 242 replies 187 participants last post by  Miller88 
#1 ·
Ok guys. This is more or less for referance purpouses only. Just wanted to get a database together of what kind of milage people are getting. Next time you fill up go ahead and jot down what your milage was and then post it up here on the poll so we can see how people are doing.

When you do the poll be sure to post a reply as well, and include your milage was and what if any mods you have on the vehicle and total miles on the vehicle. Goal is to eventually get this stuck so it can be viewed/posted easily for future reference.

-Matt

MPG

Mods
DIY CAI

Miles on vehicle

#4 ·
I voted once for 24-26 and once for 26-28. Because Excel tells me I'm averaging 26.221, and that's so close I didn't feel comfortable only leaving myself in the 26-28 range[:)~]

Anyway, ATX with a hair over 27,500. My last 2-3 fillups have been 22.xxx MPG because I don't get her out on the highway much, mostly city driving. Also I have a lead foot that I TRY to keep in check, but I struggle at times! Mods in my profile.

I'm very pleased with my mileage actually, considering my habits and transmission. Also, I'm impatient and frequently running late (although I get places on time, guess how?!) So even though I don't like to I tend to leap off the line when I catch red lights, stuff like that. Worst I've EVER gotten was 19, and I beat the snot out of the car that tank, did everything wrong possible.

#5 ·
I actually voted wrong.. I went for 22-24.. but adter all I shold have gone 24-26 .. I get 25.2mpg..
I have 3k miles on it. and still breaking it in, but thanks to 1k mile highway drive.... I will have to see a trend in city driving though.

Igor

#159 ·
It will trend up as it gets more broken in. When I first got mine the BEST I could get was about 26-27. I've tracked EVERY SINGLE tankfull since. by the time I was cresting 3k total miles, the MPG was up to 28-29 where it stayed for most of the next 3K miles, then about 7K I noticed another move up to 29-31. NOW I should add, while this is mostly "around town" driving I am KING-FEATHERFOOT. I pace the lights, I use the CC in town, and I very rarely go over 60. I do occasionally enjoy a rapid-up-to-speed but they are very short bursts. I get into 5th gear as soon as possible.
I'm expecting MPG to level off around 35-36.
Running Autolite 104 coppers
Got the Steeda in.
springs and dampers pending, when that's done. will be going to TOM for a tune.

#6 ·
i get around 28-30 in the city, but that was mostly due to the warmer weather, ill see what i get when winter comes. o its an atx 2.0 spi, i once got 41.6 on the highway from houghton,mi to superior mn. i was floored!

#7 ·
I'm getting 26-27. Based on four full tanks.

#8 ·
I've figured it out for every tank for 28,000 km. I get 36- 37 when I do mostly highway. 32 combined highway town, long highways trips I've gotten a personal best of 44.1 mpg. On a 2000 km trip to the mountains I averaged 41 mpg. Not too shabby, other than my zx2 would get that without trying

#9 ·
05 ST

MPG
26-28 (50 highway/50 city)

MODS
Stock

MILES ON VEHICLE

It has seen 30 MPG 2 times that I can recall but no more then that.

#13 ·
stpower said:
I've figured it out for every tank for 28,000 km. I get 36- 37 when I do mostly highway. 32 combined highway town, long highways trips I've gotten a personal best of 44.1 mpg. On a 2000 km trip to the mountains I averaged 41 mpg. Not too shabby, other than my zx2 would get that without trying
are cannadian miles or gallons different from US ones? because that sounds ot of this world... beautiful

anyone can traslate this to US values?

Thanks

igor

#15 · (Edited)
I've got a 2005 ZX3, Duratec 2.0L ATX, just over 6,000 miles on it. The sales guy stated the ridiculous number of 20,000 miles before the engine would be broken in enough to come close to the EPA rating of 34mpg that was on my sticker. (I'm getting between 28-29mpg, and spend most of my time commuting (highway) 100 miles per day). I have the poor-man's CAI so far; i.e. the cone filter on the end of the MAF tube. I've been watching my mileage pretty closely since I got the car 2 months ago, so my 28-29mpg is pretty solid. (The cai thing didn't change my mileage at all, yet.)

#18 ·
MPG

I've been getting combine highway/city mpg of 25. My car is stock, no mods yet. It has 4000 miles on it. I bought it with 12.7 mile on the odomiter. The first 4 tanks the mpg moved around between 23 and 27, sense then it has settled down to 25. I drive agressive, but not nuts. Usually between 75-80mph on the highway, and my city/highway split is about 40%city/60%highway.

#25 ·
I monitor mileage closely to figure out which gasoline gives me the best mileage. I noticed a lot of difference in my Aerostar, but I haven't driven the Focus long enough to figure out whose fuel works best with it. Give me a few weeks and I'll post my findings here in this thread.

25 city 75 highway

Near future mods will be geared towards mileage... I want 40[:D] Right now I'm looking forward to getting an SCTX2, Marcy CAI, possibly exhaust, 3.41 gear (the big highway mileage booster), and possibly some ignition upgrades, but I doubt those add as much as is claimed from my previous experiences. I'm going to email Marcy when I order the stuff to see if cam alignment tools could void my warranty (probably) because as I recall from old school pushrod days- increasing lobe spread & cam retarding (I'm already retarded[8])should increase fuel efficiency.

Some time next year I hope to have figured out how to plumb in a remote mounted low pressure turbo (3-5psi check www.ststurbo.com- the *******s only do Chevy/Toyota/Honda- mostly trucks) in hopes to have my cake and eat it too.

#26 ·
*cough-cough* 75??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.