Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Steeda SRI Finally Installed

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  2007 fordfocus 
#1 ·
Hey guys finally got my intake installed ( YAY!!!!!!!)[clap] Pretty straight forward install but it does fit snug..... I have never had an aftermarket intake before and i was wondering... When i was letting it idle i could hear a gurgling/popping sound coming from the cone??? Is that normal i mean everything is tight and No CELs (YAY!!!!!!!!!) and car is running great just wondering if that sound is normal ????? [dunno] Other than that it is awesome and sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!! plus you can feel a difference off the bat... Now is there any number of miles it takes for the computer to recognize the SRI????? sorry for the crazy questions never had an intake before and want to make sure everything is alright...[ffrocks]

#13 ·
Thats awesome. I plan on getting one but I heard the Steeda SRI is too tight against the headlights on an 03-04... So I've gotta get something different. Problem is that Steeda is the purdiest.

#15 ·
Yeah, its a little tight on my '05 too. I have to undue it to change the headlight bulb, but its no big deal. I feel its the best sri out there & I don't have to worry about the filter going thru water or anything like that.

#22 ·
maf car

best part of having a mass air flow car vs alpha n or map tuning stratagys is that they respond well to mods the car can see the increase in flow and add fuel without a tune as long as you don increase flow to much such as forced induction

#23 ·
best part of having a mass air flow car vs alpha n or map tuning stratagys is that they respond well to mods the car can see the increase in flow and add fuel without a tune as long as you don increase flow to much such as forced induction
Yeah, It sure makes it easier to add a bigger cam & heads on a speed density 5.0 to change it to a mass air flow.

#24 ·
Just an update kept my foot out of it for a tank and got one more mpg lol.... no problems more power nice sound and more mpgs can't beat it lol..... also does anybody notice the whistling sound around 3000- 3500 rpm..... is it a problem?.... car is running fine and I think the whistling sounds kinda cool...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.