Focus Fanatics Forum banner

easiest aftermarket exhaust install what one

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
What installs easy and gives good results for my 2009 focus se auto

#3 ·
any of the bolt together systems will work fine (which are most aftermarket systems). if you get something custom made and welded that will take more work. the hard part isn't installing, but removing the stock exhaust. if your bolts are seized (flex to catback) could be a pain, but the bigger issie is you have to cut the back section in front of the rear subframe to remove it. not a bad process if you have the right tools to cut it with.

#11 ·
The factory exhaust is not put together like the aftermarket cat-back systems are it is only bolted on at the flex pipe the rest is fully welded and installed before the rear sub-frame is installed at the factory, so therefore the only way to remove it is cut it or drop the rear sub-frame.
You could always get your factory welded where you cut it if you ever want to put it back on. But the FSWerks exhaust is very simple to install I have not seen one post about pieces missing or anything like that. I would say go with the FSWerks.

#13 ·
The factory exhaust(s) are all one piece, fully-welded designs. At the factory, they install it BEFORE the subframes, so there is nothing in the way at that point in assembly.

The aftermarket exhausts are all 2- or 3-piece bolt-together designs, so they can be installed with the factory subframes still in place.

I'm personally a Borla fanboy, but every part I've gotten from FS/FSWerks has been amazing quality. I'd have zero apprehension about trying their exhaust.

#18 ·
I'm personally a Borla fanboy, but every part I've gotten from FS/FSWerks has been amazing quality. I'd have zero apprehension about trying their exhaust.
FSwerks.

/thread.
Yes , ill say FSwerks again , install was very fast . Edited

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using FF Mobile
I've got a Trubendz on my 2010. No issues.
Mix & match= For I have a Fwerk's stealth w/ a Borla's exhaust system. And it all fits too. For there is more room under there then you think.[thankyou]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.