Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fswerks race header on 2011

8K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if I want to get a header for my car. I heard the Fswerks race header is really good. The reason why I'm debating is bc it's going to delete my cat so is it gonna throw a check engine light? I already hav a tuner so could I use that to clear it or program my car to ignore it? If anyone has any ideas that would help out a lot.

#9 ·
OMG yes it gets stupid loud. I now have 4 mufflers under my car. you will need at least the stealth muffler added. as for the code yes your car will throw a code unless you have your tune adjusted to turn off the second o2 sensor because it is removed when you install the header. after you have the header installed you will only have 1 o2 sensor but that is what your tune is for to tell the computer what to do.

many people have 2 stealth mufflers in the frontpipe. 2 will fit from what I have heard.

I have 2 magnaflow round mufflers, a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and a vibrant bottle style resonator and it is now within a realm that it sounds bad assss... Even with the two magnaflows and the ultra quiet it still got pretty loud when you got on it but nothing compared to how loud and ricey it sounds with one muffler lol

#10 ·
For your clarification on the CEL. The car throws a CEL error code because the 2nd o2 sensor is not sending a reading because it has been removed. When you have your tune changed the tuner will turn off your second o2 sensor check thus not getting an error sent to your ecu for a fault in the rear o2 sensor because that parameter is turned off and is not being monitored. So they are not turning the CEL code off but turning off the sensor that would cause the error code.

#15 ·
What do you have to start w/? If you already have a desent 2.5'' system thats a great start. If not then I'd order the fwerk's system w/ 2, yes two stealth muffler's. They might give you a deal w/ two stealth's & yes they do fit.

#12 ·
I would start by just purchasing the stealth muffler when you do the header/flex and see how you like the tone. You can always order an additional one if you want it quieter after that. a downpipe is for a turbo. The stealth muffler is $150 then then the cost of the header and flex is also on fswerks site. I just made this video for you so you can see how mine sounds a little bit and how it performs. As stated in the video the mufflers will not hender the performance in any way because they are straight through in design so they cause no restrictions. Keep in mind this is my phone so the quality is not so amazing but it will shed a little light on it for you(=

#14 ·
If you don't have the rear o2 turned off, you'd have to get someone to e-mail you the download for it. I'd also delete the egr too.

So when you ordered your tuner, What'd you ask for? & what did they say? & where you get it from?

#19 ·
The header is like $350, the tune is $400 to pass emissions... So you're probably looking at closer to a grand, if not over if you want an exhaust system too. I have both, and it got expensive pretty quick. If you want a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge so whoever does your tune can get an accurate 02 reading for a precise tune, thats $200 bucks. Plus money to install another bung in the flex pipe. It isnt cheap, for sure lol.

#25 ·
Sorry I jsut read the post that said FSWERKS is where you got your tuner. Call Randy at fswerks and tell him you need a tune to disable your rear o2 sensor for your header. The tune is only $35 since you already purchased a sct from them. He will modify the tune for you and send you the file in an email. You then connect your sct to your computer to download the new tune to your flasher and then install it on your car.
So here is a list of things your need to purchase at once from them:
New tune-$35
Fswerks Header-$379
Fswerks FelxPipe-$89
Fswerks Stealth front pipe-$150
That is the complete list of things you need to install the header(=
Then if you want it quieter you can add mufflers after that.

#31 ·
When I did the bolt on for my 09 they were sold out of the header and the estimated time for it to come back was like a month or two so I went with the OBX header.

For the price it isn't a bad piece, but I'm sure the FSW header is better quality.

CAI, tune, header, and the FSW street exhaust made a friggin world of difference on my car. (considering it was a PZEV to begin with)

I think in total for everything I spent about $1500 or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.