Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Duratec motor mounts

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  vanace 
#1 ·
I won't even have my 06 ZX5 until Saturday but I'll ask anyway:
How are the Duratec motor mounts? Tight or squishy?
Are they different than the Zetec? All or which ones?

Anybody run completely solid mounts?

#2 ·
Ok, according to THIS thread the rear/lower and driver's side tranny is the same as the Zetec, SVT, and Duratec.
Is this correct?

#3 ·
The stock mounts are soft and there is a lot of movment, just like the zetec. If you are going to replace them you shoud start with the rear/lower mount. The only 2 that fit the duratec as of now are the lower and drivers side mounts. The passanger side doesn't fit.

#4 ·
Sounds good. I'll probably just make a solid one.
It give me an excuse to play with the MIG.
If I do I'll certainly post pics. Might not even be until spring though.

#5 ·
Might as well, cause it's gonna shake it up either way!...lol.

Well worth the shake until a tune and idle raise.

#6 ·
I won't be doing any power mods to this car. Just some handling goodies and maybe shifter.
So a tune is right out. I also want to keep my warranty.
I realized the futility years ago in modding economy cars like this so I'll stick with Mustangs for my big power needs.
Certainly no offense intended for those who like to tweak their Foci motors.

#7 ·
A v8 is a v8, and they are easier to make go faster. In all honesty, my focus is as fast as my friend's firebird (3.8L manual, intake and exhaust) and whallops my other friend's 3.8L mustang auto. Modding these cars isn't futile (14s aren't that difficult to achieve NA), but much faster than that is gonna take nitrous or boost. $/$ you can go faster with a V8 car, obviously!

#8 ·
Like I said, don't take it personally. I wasn't trying to get anybody worked up.
Fast is relative, and my new Focus isn't and never will be "fast" to me.
I just didn't buy this car for speed.

#11 ·
Like I said, don't take it personally. I wasn't trying to get anybody worked up.
Fast is relative, and my new Focus isn't and never will be "fast" to me.
I just didn't buy this car for speed

Ok......so if fast isn't in the cards for your focus, why do you want solid motor mounts and take away comfort of driving? If speed is no matter to you in the focus, keep the perfectly adiquate mounts and enjoy the ride!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.