Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Background on Duratec HE

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  aero_student 
#1 ·
Duratec HE
The Duratec HE was the world debut of the new inline in the all new Mondeo MK-2. The duratec HE has all the higline fetures that all future ford engine will have. Including the Visteon- Levanta 32 bit, " Black Oak Module". Levanta's power allows for higher compession ratios (10.8:1) for more power without the use of high octane gas, the Black oak moduale is a standalone ECU that works with the EEC V ECU. Levanta allows for the eventual use of VVT, electronic throttle control, and Direct injection, in additon to the electronic thermostat, knock sensors, smart chraging and variable intake runners. The technology works very well, and whenever the Direct injection model arrives expect the exceptional power to increase and economy numbers to improve by 30% in city use.
1.8l Duratec HE
125 hp @ 6000 rpm
125lb/ft @ 4800 rpm
>41mpg Hwy.

2.0 Duratec HE
145 Hp @ 6000 Rpm
140 lb/ft @ 4800 rpm
40 mpg hwy.

More Duratec HE pics

http://home.att.net/~biker16/Duratec_HE.html

See less See more
#5 ·
I think the 2006's have em
ford replaced my ecu yesterday for some stupid update or something when i took it in for an oil change an now the car just wants to FLY

there avertising at 42mpg

mine was 32 when i bought it

guess ill know when i do my fuel calculations

#6 ·
Well all MK2 Focus's have it. Check out my gallery. Also if you have the 2.3L motor its very similar to the HE. The HE got a few updates like a fly by wire throttle and variable induction. Just by looking at the engine bay you'll be able to spot that Mazda 3's and some north American Focus's have the HE motor but all MK2 focus's have them and yes it does fly the 2.0L I have pulls hard from down low @ 2000rpm nearly 90% of torque is available.

#9 ·
My tuning was done by marcy motorsport using an excalibrator2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.