Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Exhaust Videos and Sound Clips --> Link Them Here

774K views 344 replies 144 participants last post by  Focusblackzx5 
#1 ·
I was wondering what is the best sounding exhaust system out there. If you have a link to a video clip or an exhaust sound on a Duratec exhaust system, please post it here.

#166 ·
SNOW! SNOW! lmao, Yeah I'm feelin' your pain there brother. Well at least we're not in Newfie John, they got 40 cm's or so and were supposed to get another 30 the next day.

So if I dump that stupid lunch box it shouldn't get that loud? Does anyone have a clip of a 2.0L Dura with the lunch box gone?

#170 ·
Sorry

I'll remove it and will just have the link to it![:I]

That was a highway.. btw 100 is KM/h NOT MPH - Once I reached the speed limit I clearly slow down... [:D]

Other just stopping in the middle of the hightway, spinning the tires and really going a bit too fast for the road conditions [shhh] Every thing was legal.

#172 ·
#176 · (Edited)
Oh, and okay...whomever said on this thread that the ST exhaust is the same as the others is bonkers. The other Foci are 1 7/8 diameter, not mandrel bent. The ST is 2.25, mandrel bent. A bit different! I went under the car today just to find out all this crap we keep going over. I hope this clears up this stuff.

#178 ·
WHOOPS![ohcrap]

Sorry dude, I meant 2.25, I missed the 2! Edited and fixed now. It is 2.25, mandrel bent. i went through the entire car, could NOT find a crimp!

#180 ·
Yeah, I was surprised, but I had heard from Ford Racing Tech that it is 2.25. They said some were actually made BY Borla in the first place!!
The mandrel bending really tossed me for a loop though, i was not expecting that. But go ahead, and take a look under there. You will see it for yourself, you cannot find a crimp bend. This is for the ST only though. This is what they mean by 'sport tuned.' It really IS!

#182 ·
looks like i was wrong on this...it is 2.25 on the OUTSIDE, closer to 2 on the inside diameter...and focus sport says it is not completely mandrel bent on the inner diameter.

#187 ·
i thought about doing a clip after mine is installed, but so many others with the same setup are already here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.