Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Exhaust Videos and Sound Clips --> Link Them Here

774K views 344 replies 144 participants last post by  Focusblackzx5 
#1 ·
I was wondering what is the best sounding exhaust system out there. If you have a link to a video clip or an exhaust sound on a Duratec exhaust system, please post it here.

#4 ·
This can stay since it's specifically for one type, but I'd encourage anyone who posts a clip here, to also add it to the FF Exhaust Clip thread in Focus General Chat, here, if you haven't already done so. [:)]

From that thread-
Pardon the clattering noise of my lens cap falling on the pavement, hopefully this site works for all. Oh yeah, I revved the car up to a little over 2k, then up to 4k, then more normally brought it up to 2k... so the last noise is kinda similar to what it sounds like as you accelerate (quickly) up to maybe 30 mph? I find the exhaust is loudest around 16-1800 rpm, then it transitions into a mellower tone as you speed up or slow down.

Click here to see Video

Borla.

#5 ·
autocrossman, why don't you start your own thread(s) or do a Search, since other than the exhaust part that's not got to do with Exhaust clips.

As for order, I would personally say Intake, Exhaust (maybe Cam Adjustment put here, after I & E are affected), Header, SCT. But you can really do it whatever way you'd like, if you get the SCT now, you'll still have it later, etc...

#6 ·
i did start my own thread.. by the way, I just had the rear engine mount installed today. from VF Engineering. The mod was worth it to a point. you can feel the engine a little more at a stop, but when shifting, you can barely feel that it's doing it's job. The mod was worth it to a point. Definately if you are planning to drag race.

#7 ·
now i'm starting to feel that the shifting is a lot better now. didn't notice it after I started driving it more. Definately a good mod if you have the money. I would recommend a SCT superchip and have the idle increased to 900rpm. Mine is idling at around 600rpm and it's shacking too much. As soon as you start going, it disappears. It has more torque too. I quess I have to get used to it.

#8 ·
Hey, I just wanted to let you know dude, I bought a Borla Exhaust for my 2.3L off borla.com, they are on clearance there, cheapest price around, it was 363.99 + like 40 dollars shipping, still an awesome price... mine is coming in probably tomorrow, my friend has borla on his focus and it sounds tight as hell. just thought i'd let you know, if your gonna get borla, get it now cause theyre being discontinued for the 04 duratec focus. :)

#10 ·
I bought mine three days ago and it's coming in tomorrow. I can't wait for it to get installed. I was going to say that this is the cheapest price arround but nobody has noticed it because everybody is too busy looking at other online performance shops. I'm surprised and excited. Everyone should have a borla. [cool]

Attachments

#11 ·
That's just what they told me. Look on the site, and make sure when you search under year model, put in the ZX5 not Zx3 cause it doesn't show up for some reason.. anyhow yeah, it really was the best price around. Borla contacted me by e-mail and told me they only had 3 left in house and theyre being discontinued, why, i have no idea, maybe they were just trying to get me to buy it quickly, which still doesn't explain the fact that theyre on clearance for only 360 dollars.. anyway mines coming in tuesday.

and autocrossman, let me know if it sounds nice. I can't wait to get mine in.. i'm actually having dreams about it. lol

#23 ·
FocusZX505 when i go to that link it keeps saying "video is being optimized check back in a few minutes." Well its been like a day, what up with that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.