Focus Fanatics Forum banner

steeda short throw shifter

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  wayne newton 
#1 ·
I just recived my tri-axe short throw shifter from steeda for my 2005 xz3 and the installation seems basic but its something i deff dont want to mess up because their is cutting involved. has anyone done this installation? does it take a long time? is their any certain parts I should be extra carefull about? thanks in advance

#3 ·
I don't know about the 2005's but the others are very straight forward, any cutting out be extremely minor if that and no 'risk'....... what do you have to cut? Assuming they sent you instructions cause I got instructions with my Steeda STS.

#5 ·
There should be no cutting...

#8 ·
Yeah any cutting will be extremely minor and I believe the mid2002+ STS are even easier to install since they come with the tower (or some support) as shown in the pics. I've yet to install a mid2002+ STS so I am not sure......

I've never heard of any BIG ISSUES with installation, seems to be a very straight forward install.

#9 ·
ok good i pick up my car in a few hours i have spent 5 grand on it and i havent seen it in a month, i got a saleen body kit without the wing or hood scoop steeda F1 chrome wheels BFG tires and magnaflow centerexhaust.. ill take some pictures if anyon is interested

#12 ·
I have the TriAx 2002.5+ shifter and the only cutting is the plastic ring that holds the boot, you have to trim it up a little bit that was the realigned shift cable doesnt rub against it, its nothing hard, nothing dangerous, and nothing a bad cut can hurt....hope that helps

#14 ·
gemiller said:
I have the TriAx 2002.5+ shifter and the only cutting is the plastic ring that holds the boot, you have to trim it up a little bit that was the realigned shift cable doesnt rub against it, its nothing hard, nothing dangerous, and nothing a bad cut can hurt....hope that helps
This is exactly it. you just need to trim the plastic ring that holds the boot in place. It is a very easy thing to do. Just don't crack the boot ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.