Focus Fanatics Forum banner

magnaflow muffler and lunchbox delete only 2.0?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a Magnaflow muffler from autoanything.com and just hopefully bolting in right in place of the stock muffler. I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone w/ that set up. Most people have a header, cams, 3'' mid pipe etc.

I currently have about 18'' worth of 2.25'' stainless pipe where the old "lunch box" used to be but everything else exhaust wise is stock.

Has anyone just bolted on a "bullet" style magna flow muffler in place of the stock one w/ the lunchbox delete that has a 2.0l duratec? I'm doing this purely for a little extra sound but don't want too much..

#4 ·
Cool. Yeah I am going to be buying one here pretty soon. Can you give me your opinion on which one of these would work best? Obviously I need a one in one out but I'm not sure if I would need an offset one or center, and also not sure which would be best an oval or round? Finally, is this a bolt on or weld in place situation?

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2694A0A0.aspx

#5 ·
You'll need a center in/out round muffler to fit behind your flex. If your trying to do this on the cheap= hit up your muffler shop. If you want a desent system get a fwerk's system. It bolts on easy, is 2.5'' mandrell bent pipes, & you install it & forget it & move on to other mods. You can get a magna-flow muffler & have a muffler shop weld it on for you, if thats all your going to do. Its all what your trying to do. Just do it once & be done w/ it. Pay me now or pay me later= Same thing, Add a magna-flow muffler on your stock exhaust system now & later on your redoing it. [thumb]

#8 ·
Hit up a muffler shop & see if they can remove the small converter after the flex & the muffler & have them add a bullet or similar there, if all your wanting is a little tone. For springs & dampers= M-18000-zx3B for dampers & M-5560-ZXM1 for 1.5'' drop springs. That'll make it more fun to drive. Hit up Steve at Toulsey Ford, for these & your frpp's for your Mustang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.