Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Air Intakes

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  stersilver 
#1 ·
Wondering about air intakes. Which are the top of the line? What is the best bang for your buck air intakes?

#2 ·
Honestly... I'm sure someone will disagree... But the amount of money you will pay for one for our gen vs the very little performance gains you will get... So little you can't notice the hp difference... That no cai is worth it unless your have other Meds that It will compliment... There are various tests on YouTube that back up both sides of this. Imo unless you have full cat back and headers... You won't see any gains.

#5 ·
Firstly it is a header as in 1 not headers... Many people have had notable gain and mpg improvements(when driving correctly) with only a intake. There are dyno charts on fswerks for actual evidence. It is the first mod anyone here on the forum will probably suggest. I highly suggest the FSWERKS Cool Flo intake. Either that or steedas short ram intake, but I like the looks and performance of my FSWERKS much better. At one point I had only the CAI and it definitely makes a difference solely on its own.
Here is mine:

#7 ·
Ya not too sure about HP gains that would be noticeable but I have an FSwerks CAI so I am a hypocrite. But hey, if your intake was cracked like mine was a Steeda/FSwerks CAI is much cheaper than getting the stock back on your block.

[welcome]

#10 ·
simple answer:

either fswerks or steeda. I have a steeda. it's good. buy a tune, it helps.

#11 ·
Intake makes a good gain. Cold Air Intake gains claim 11 HP. FS Werks and K&N make the best in my opinion. I have a Cosworth but they are no longer available.

#13 ·
Y'all aren't worried about hydro locking the motor with the FSWERKS CAI? Looks like it sits really low. Im be scared of puddles in the road.

#14 ·
There is a splash guard under the car that protects the intake filter. And if you want added protection you can put a hydro shield over the filter. Do not fear hydrolock... you would have to completely submerge the front of your car under water and at that point you will have alot more to worry about than hydrolock lol

#23 ·
Car doesn't have a battery cover. I have had it for about 8 months now and have driven though many a rain, slush, and snow. No issues with the filter being wet at all. By using the OEM snorkel at the bottom of the metal enclosure and having it open on the headlight side any moisture drains off harmlessly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.