Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what's needed to beat a 240sx

5K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Dorny9 
#1 ·
My first post. I have a stock 05 st. Wondering what to do to it to beat my bros 240. He has basic bolt ons.

#7 ·
Those 240s are no slouches. Have you raced him yet? You should be close to even with an st. Just throw a 100shot fogger on your st. You'd beat him badly

#9 ·
Quick and fast? Tune, intake and Nitrous... You will beat him... You will beat him bad... If you don't want F/I, then you would need at least, intake, exhaust, tune, I'm not sure what the header options are on the 05... But with the tune and the listed above you should pull on him... In the end driver mod... Make sure your launch is flawless... 240's can be quick but his downfall will be the auto.. Older gen auto's are not like the auto's today... They are very sluggish.. He does have a tune so it can address most issues but you will be tuned as well.. Remember keep it on the track... Be safe..

#13 ·
If its an sr20 does can pull... But I thought the 95 didn't come with an sr20 here in the states.. People that have em was because of a swap? Idk just guessing

#21 ·
The 1995 240 weighed about 2700pounds and from 1988 to 1996 the KA2.4L made almost the identical amount of power as your car and if he has the SOHC then you really need to stop worrying. Again, bolt-ons and tune and you are good to go.The 240 was NEVER fast without a swap and I don't understand why people think they were?[???:)] Perhaps its the styling?

#23 ·
They r not that fast n/a I beat one with I/h/e in my 08 with te same mods I/h/e with ur st is will be easier I think I/e will do the trick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.