Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hfc ?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  arjay219 
#1 ·
How much louder would the Trubendz magnaflow be w/o a HFC? Just using the muffler?
Currently running with stock mani-cat and stock intake. As of now, don't plan to mod those.
Thanks!

#2 ·
#4 ·
Depends on what you're going for, I like some noise to my exhaust so I think my fswerks header with vibrant HFC and resonator sounds amazing

#5 ·
I don't ever plan to get a header. What I'm running is noticeable, but it's fairly mellow. I want it to be a little more aggressive. I may delete my HFC and go with a non- catted downpipe. The vids make it seem louder but I can't tell if some are with or w/o headers.

#9 ·
I'm running a Trubendz with magnaflow muffler and HFC. As I mentioned earlier I don't want a header, I don't want it crazy loud but more aggressive than what it currently is. I don't want to put a bunch of money into performance. It gets $$$. I'm just in search of the tone I want.

My last car was a cobalt. All I had to do was replace the lunchbox with an aftermarket muffler and I was content. Everything else was stock. That car was louder than my focus is with a flexback setup.

I DON'T have the money to get a header or an intake or a tune.

#11 ·
It sounds way better without the hfc, I've been running a trubendz Magnaflow for almost 2 years now without one

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using tapatalk

#18 ·
just a little update. buddy works with his dad's engineer/production company and they have a huge shop there. finally got a chance to get down there this weekend. We lifted the car removed the exhaust and cut off that cat behind the flex and welded some pipe in its place. It sounds absolutely perfect now [giddy]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.