Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Duratec 2.0L TDCI

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  flyingpot_226 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, new user here.

I would like to know what can I do to possibly upgrade a Ford Focus 2005, with a 2.0L TDCI Duratec European version. Stock it comes with a 136hp engine, but previously a chip has been installed which raised the power to 150hp.

I plan to install the following, if possible on a diesel engine:

- cold air intake
- complete exhaust
- performance air filter
- a more agressive ECU resofting
- possibly a turbo kit to replace the exisiting factory one.

So, any suggestions? From where can I get the parts, reliable? Any prices you can offer? Anything else I might add?

Thank you. :)

#2 ·
i always thought the TDCI's were 1.8L's not 2.0..but the more the better lol. as for parts and stuff, this site is primiarly based out of the US however im sure you can get parts from ford directly, since theres the RS version over there. there are people with euro foci on here so if you do some searching you can find some brands that they have.

heres one to start you off...you can pm the guy who made the thread and he should be able to help you out.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2007006&highlight=1.8+TDCI#post2007006

#3 ·
We have European forums on here, and many Euro members. You'll probably get a better response from the someone in the International Forum

Not that Americans are snooty, though our politicians make it seem so, but we don't have a TDCI Focus here. It's a complete bummer, but those same politicians that make us look like idiots overseas also put extreme restrictions on small diesel engines so that we can't get one here. [thumbd]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.