• 15.9 - 16.1

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • 16.2 +

Votes: 24 12.3%

POLL : 1/4 mile times - SVTF

53K views 127 replies 63 participants last post by  DarkSVT03 
#1 · (Edited)
This is SVTf's ONLY

I just wanted to see an average of what people are running , i'm sure theres been a post like this before but i coldnt find it...
Please post :
1/4 mile ET @ MPH
List Mods :

#81 ·
i got a 2.085 60ft on street tires. 18x7.5 wheels. they have a wild amount of grip for street tires tho. close to as much as the bf goodrich street radials i got on the stock wheels. i could see some1 on a similar setup shave a few 10ths off my time on street tires if they were really good. and i mean reaaaaally good.

#82 ·
im prob goin to the track soon im hopn to get into the 14s with my mods but we will see...i think im gonna be disapointed lol allthough i raced my buddies wrx and we were dead even its not an sti but i guess i will find out when i go down the track.

#86 ·
the guy you were racing must have broken something shortly after the 1/8th. looks like he was busting your balls all down the track and beat you to the halfway mark by over a second and then coasted the rest of the way.

#87 ·
He is not going going to reply. I tried to get some facts from him on a thread he started and he never came back to answer. I bet its someone elses slip. No way 1.8 60ft on stock form. Sorry this is just way off for me to believe.

#91 ·
Me and and my friend measured a 1/4 mile and both ran. My SVTF got 15.6 and his 91 Eagle Talon TSI got 14.0. This was chilly temps when I ran which is good but I'm pretty much stock and at 2200 ft in elevation

#98 ·
Just read through this whole thread... and I cant believe that svt's are only running the times posted...I dont have much done to my zx3 and i can run a 15.0, It has to be the location and elevation of the tracks cause it doesnt seem right to me, you guys in the svt's should be kickin my cars ass!

#99 ·
the svt's have horrible gearing for drag.

id love to have a mtx75 with 4.06 fd

#100 ·
Oh, ok makes better sense now. Didnt think of the gearing difference between the 5 and 6 speed. But sshit i wish i had the extra 6th gear for the twisty roads!! I want to do the 4.06 final gear on mine and a new LSD Im sure the difference would be insane.

#102 ·
dont go blaming the SVT's poor track skills on the gearing now. the only thing that holds it back is 1st gear being so tall. this doesnt hurt much if you are spinning anyway. other than that the SVT has close ratio gears which is better for drag than the mtx. LOL at spotting the cop in the back tho [hihi]

#104 ·
Im not talking shit on the svt or nothing, i have many friends that have them. . . just saying all the ones ive seen are a little slower on the quarter mile than i expected... now next to each other on the street and free way not much difference there!

#105 ·
also has to do with the powerband probably. the svts power is so high that its ridic.

also i dont see anying in hp numbers i look at tq.

#106 ·
Ya true thats why the focus no matter svt or zx3 kills the hondas and acuras in the first couple gears, having more torque is diffinitly something i like to have....ive read builds on 300 hp s2000's and the tq they produce is still far less than you would think it would be. Im not a hater on honda's or acura's im just saying the power band is completly different.

#111 ·
better gearing in the higher gears in my opinion.

i can get in 6th gear at about 40mph and go till about 150 haha can you?

oh wait you have no 6th gear hahahahah

but for real have you seen the svt on the dyno hit like 172.5mph 6th gear redline.
its a beautiful thing haha

#112 ·
oh and just the fact the first time you see someone try to get in reverse in a svt is hilarious haha

#113 ·
just went to sac raceway last night and ran a 15.3 @ 94mph. this was with a terrible 2.5 60'. I couldnt get my launches down. I wanna go back in a month or two when I get my SCT xcal3, cfm 67mm tb, and a tune and see if I cant run faster. it'd be awesome if there was someone local that had slicks or dr's that I could slap on for a few runs.

#116 ·
Not a bad time bud....when you get you reaction time down to a .021 and a 60 ft of 2.1 sec like me than you'll be hitting 15 flat and with the mods your getting you should be hitting high 14's!! Pm me if you want some addvice or tips! Ill be hitting the track this next sunday if you can make it out to watch or compete would be sweet... I should be the only zx3 out there hitting 14's!!!![woot]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.