Focus Fanatics Forum banner

BS Card pulled on a Honda Owner

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  SVTBishop 
#1 ·
I ran across this guy awhile ago that used to own a mustang 5.0 that was all nice and decked out that he basically built from scratch. Well he decided to get away from muscle to economy car. He claims that this stock mid 90's civic or accord runs 14's in the 1/4. I really didn't pay much attention to what kinda car it was after i heard that. Anyways, he claims all he done to the car was lower it and put some different rims on it. It looks nice for being an Honda and all, compared to the 3 foot wings and weak body kits i've seen on them, no fart can or anything else i noticed or heard.

Well anyways was on my way from the store when i seen this guy pull out of the Ford Dealership. Well i pass him doing 60 in a 50 just to make sure he knew it was me. We catch a light and i'm in front of him. When the light turns green i punch it and he follows suit. I got a bad lauch but i still stayed in the lead. We stayed pretty much even through 1st gear and hit second and gained about a car length on him. Hit 3rd and kept about a 2 car lengths lead on him. I shifted into 4th with about the same lead and shut it down. He kept riding my a$$ and i dropped it down from 55 and kept a car length on him till i shut it down again around 80.

We slowed for a light that was just about ready turn green and i was just going to let him do his thing then i seen him try to come around me while there was no other traffic around and i decided to let it all out. He got the jump on me and was about to my front door before i kicked it down to 3rd. Ran out third and shifted to 4th. I was at his rear door till about 100 and traffic was comming up and i didn't want either one of us to be another statistic so i backed down to let him in front of me. I went back down to the speed limit but he must of thought that i was still racing or he won [rolleyes]

He says that his other honda is faster. Which it could be. 2 door hatch lowered different rims and an exhaust from the sounds of it. It could be possible with how easy the motor is swapped in those older style honda's but now i don't know. Either way i pulled out the BS Card on his 14 second mid 90's accord/civic or whatever the heck it was.

All these races were preformed on a 2 lane highway at night with no other traffic around. My mods are in my profile. My last time at the track i ran a 16.3 in the quarter with my mods.

See less See more
#3 ·
i hope you're not calling bs on me. But yeah i know the V6 Accords are pretty quick. I have a future sister in law that had one and drove it once and it'd haul if you pressed the gas down.

#5 ·
I figured as much just wanted to be sure

#6 ·
I wouldn't call BS. My buddy has a 94 (I think) Civic Hatch with the Jap engine swap and that thing will run mid 14's. FWIW

#10 ·
LifeguardJoe said:
I wouldn't call BS. My buddy has a 94 (I think) Civic Hatch with the Japanese engine swap and that thing will run mid 14's. FWIW
If that is true then how was i able to bet him or keep pace with him?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.