Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What's the easiest way to smoke my tires

6K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Royce01 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 focus se with the spi engine. I have parts that have increased the performance but it's probably not enough. It has 132hp and 147ft/tq what would you guys suggest I install on it besides a turbo to help. It's an automatic. How would you spin a fwd tires would you use the ebrake or foot brake

#4 ·
where did you get those power numbers?

a higher stall torque converter and an LSD (to smoke more than one tire) plus a turbo or super high compression is probably the only way to do it. just doesn't have enough to do it otherwise.

you could probably get a quick spin with a real high stall alone but you would end up doing it at every light.

several things:
the auto trans is the same as the one for the zetec so there could be torque converters and lsds available for it.

there is no turbo kit for the spi but using eBay parts it could be fairly cheap. just research the hell out of them first.

other than that, mount washer fluid jets behind each front tire, Install auxillary washer fluid bottle with motor, fill with oil, wire toggle switch or button on dash and SMOKE [hihi]

#6 ·
I drive the slicks through the water box in 1st gear and just pop the clutch from about 3k to spin the slicks over a time or two in the water to make sure they're wet. I pull forward to the edge of the water, put it in 2nd gear, pull the e-brake, stand on the 2-step, and drop the clutch. Smoke away.

#10 ·
this is simple.. the best way i learned to smoke the tires on an automatic is when i was 13 i used to steal my mothers v8 cougar while she was asleep put the car in neutral rev the piss out of it and pull the shifter into 1 that will smoke em.. and for some more effect put dish detergent on em..

#13 ·
I'm going to be honest I'm a bit skeptical of those numbers.

Got a dyno sheet perhaps? I honestly would love to see what you've done.

#20 ·
Any fun motorsport activity is destructive to your car! Drag, Drift, Road Course, Time Attack, Rally... The only activity that isn't is Car Shows.

If you keep the wheels turned from the get-go and minimize going straight while doing it; it's only really bad to the front tires!

#18 ·
haha i got busted by my mother one day lol i thought my dad drove her to work for some reason (i forget why i thought that) and when i got home in the afternoon my fathers truck was there haha she was actually sleeping she had a dentist appointment she woke up to her car missing and no ride to the dentist lmao....[offtopic] sry

#24 ·
and yes i'm talking about crank horsepower. the whp is probably like bewteen 100-110 whp.
if that I'm not entirely sure. the kid that i bought it from said it was about 125hp and i've added a magnaflow cat and an high flow air filter from spectre since.

#25 ·
Liberal amounts of Armor All.

Back to a more purposeful response, are you wanting to do this for nonsensible reasons? I say this because...

1. You don't need to heat a treaded street tire for a pass at the DRAGSTRIP. You'll only get laughed at.

2. Yes it maybe cool to chirp them from time to time, but really all you're doing is destroying your tires and potentially other drivetrain parts.

3. No one will give two flying monkeyballs about your smoke machine because they all know you're driving an SPI... [hihi]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.